Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 10,000 mile oil change but also had Vag-com done---- i had the DRL's turned off, i had my windows controled by my remote key so when i lock it all i have to do is hold the lock and all windows close- then when opening hold open and all windows go down, also i got the horn turned off when you lock the car only the lights blink** !!

·
Registered
635 Posts
is it necessary to put up a new thread on everything you've done today? there are already threads about this kinda stuff that you can add to..not start a brand new thread about...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Remember we are pimp'n new threads now, the more the better....... 8)

I still waiting for my shop to get there vag-com back so I can get all these goodies done too O0

·
Registered
9 Posts
You really don't need the VagCom to shut the horn off when you turn on your alarm. You can do that from the menu of your display, as well as the windows and locks thing you got done

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Windows and locks via the Multi Function Display.... I call bull shit. I did the horn thing, but I am 99% windows can't be done without a VagCom. Tell me how BlackMamba

·
Registered
842 Posts
^^ The only thing I can do with the windows is set is so that if I hold the key in unlock for 2 seconds, the windows (of my choice) will roll down. I can't do it with the key fob though.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Same.. when the key is in the door.. he is talkin about doing it via remote.. I'm anxious to see what he says

·
Registered
223 Posts
So your VW dealer did the VAG-COM tweaks for you? What did they charge you for that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My car came with all the modifications. I didn't have to pay an extra charge. That is why when I heard of this Vag Com thing I was surprised because I just assumed that everyone had the same options as I did. When I bought my car there was no DRL the windows and locks were already set up and all. No extra charge. Maybe some dealers sell them this way at no extra charge and some others won't.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If there is a way to do the windows from the in car controls I'd like to know. My dealer would'nt do it becuase it turns off the pinch protection and some dumb ass almost cut their finger off with the window.

·
Registered
747 Posts
the unlock and the lock buttons yeah.
I changed somethings like the horn (when unlocking/locking), the windows via remote, and the fogs as DRLs...

I cant really say that the remote controlled windows is that great, lol I never use it. I just close my windows as I am pulling into the parking spot so I don't lose time. I guess its just a cool thing to have to show off :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
the unlock and the lock buttons yeah.
I changed somethings like the horn (when unlocking/locking), the windows via remote, and the fogs as DRLs...

I cant really say that the remote controlled windows is that great, lol I never use it. I just close my windows as I am pulling into the parking spot so I don't lose time. I guess its just a cool thing to have to show off :p
Well.. just wait until summer time :] remote controlled windows are going to be nice

·
Registered
26 Posts
normally it does cost you but you can find someone locally to help you but give him a something for the help, a beer maybe...

orrrr you can always buy your own cable for roughly$250(retail)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Last time i was at my dealer i asked them to do this for me with the windows and they looked at me so confused and i had to explain it to them and the "vw certified techs" had no clue and had never heard of it and thus said they couldnt do it so i said oh well ill get it done myself with a vagcom

·
Registered
747 Posts
normally it does cost you but you can find someone locally to help you but give him a something for the help, a beer maybe...

orrrr you can always buy your own cable for roughly$250(retail)
I bought a six pack of 1664 (French imported Beer)

we cracked one each while using the vag-com [party1]

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
I did the window thing and it seems like you have to be closer to your car to do it like within 10 yards or so. Does it turn the pinch protector off? I'm going to have to check that when I get off. also runnin fogs as DRLs, speedometer fixed, changed instruments to Euro via coding, flash to pass, coming home and leaving home, seatbelt warning OFF, can now use fogs with highbeams. havent changed the horn confirmation to chirp,

anyone know of a diy on how to do the alarm chirp mod?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts