My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, I traded in my "05 GTI last week for an '06 GTI. I am slowly getting used to all the new features but still cant figure out how to turn on the fog lights? I searched the forum but couldnt find an answer. The manual mentions it, but its vary vague.

Side Note: While looking for the fog light answer, I learned about the headlight sprayers behind those slots in the bumper - VERY COOL :) I was wondering what those were for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I finally got it. For some reason I kept pulling the high beam low beam lever back towards me, it was the book that gave me that impression for some reason.

I finally noticed the fog light symbol on the headlight switch, then pulled the switch (instead of the lever) towards me like you said. That was driving me nuts for days.

Thanks Zulu!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Didn't the 05 GTI have fog lights? VW has used pretty much the same type of headlight/foglight switch since the MkIII generation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
mine was one of the 1st mk 5's and i pull the switch out to turn on the fogs .. just have to have the lights in manual mode on dipped or main .. (cant have fogs on with the "day time" lights position

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do the fog lights come standard with GTI or they're a separate accessory which we have to order? I couldnt really tell by looking at the Volkswagen website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thalo said:
Didn't the 05 GTI have fog lights? VW has used pretty much the same type of headlight/foglight switch since the MkIII generation.
MY '05 was an MKIV, it didnt come with fog lights :(

I think it was an option on the MKIV's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts