Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw this dude's wheels on his new GTI today.. its' a white 2007 i beleive and it had i think 17" Huff wheels.. it looked wierd as hell.. in stead of the 18"s they looked much smaller...

IS THIS A NEW OPTION... IF SOO.. SOO STUPID!!

just wondering??

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah ive seen it too, i think its like mid 2007 and up wheels, which is dumb because the old 17's looked ten times better

btw, anyone know the width of the 18" hufs? i wanna get 18 or 19" bbs ch or lm's but i wanna know what width is appropriate for my car

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the 18" Huff wheels. I think they are very nice looking compared to the 17" ones. I also have the 18" wheels on my GTI.

Dave

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think all 17" wheels, no matter the style, look poor on the GTI - unless it is lowered. I think the 17" huff lites are called Denver. I don't like them either. We are getting the 18" huffs on our car. They are the best GTI rims since those tear drop rims on the MKII GTI:

remember these?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
you need 18" + HUFFS to make the holes look right in my opinion. i really never liked my 17"s either until i dropped the car. they look great on a dropped RS GTi.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just saw a UG GTI last night at the theater. It has the 17 Denvers or whatever and it looked weird. I mean the car looked nice. I even walked by it to get a closer look. But the rims were out of place. They were too small and all one color. I mean my 18" Huffs are silver and dark gray on the inside. Those 17's look kinda cheap plastic-y.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is a custom wheel shop very close to me I was thinking of power coating the stock wheels black then with a painted red stripe around the edge like on the front of the car.

It cheaper than new wheels and I havent seen anyone do this yet. Just something I'm thinking about.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i like the 17" (denvers) on my FAST , the ride is a little bit nicer specially during winter , i live in NY so we get some snow around here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts