Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

New headlights, good or bad idea?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  darwynr 
#1 ·
I'm looking at new headlights for my Gti. I really need opinions on if these headlights are good or just junk! I'm very lost on if these will be worth the money. ??? So if someone out there knows if these are good to not, please let me know.

The headlights: http://www.protuninglab.com/pro-yd-vg99-bk.html

#2 ·
what are you trying to accomplish with new headlights? do you just want to have a cleaner look or are you looking for style or different? i recently pulled my headlights apart blacked out the housing and replaced the lenses with glass that i got from ecstuning. this is what it looks like now.

#3 ·
what are you trying to accomplish with new headlights? do you just want to have a cleaner look or are you looking for style or different? i recently pulled my headlights apart blacked out the housing and replaced the lenses with glass that i got from ecstuning. this is what it looks like now.
i am looking for the halo look. i love the headlights with halo's. but also i want great visibility. your headlights look great by the way!

#4 ·
If you want a halo look, look into either depo or helix headlights. They're decent quality and are oem reps so they look good

#5 ·
i am looking for the halo look. i love the headlights with halo's. but also i want great visibility. your headlights look great by the way!
i ended up doing what you did on your headlights. I couldn't spray them because every time i tapped it down and pulled it off the chrome came right off. So i hand painted them and it turned out wonderfully! thanks dude

#6 ·
Sweet glad it worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.