Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it has the GTI winning going forwards, but losing going backwards...but who really cares about backwards

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I always thought the Octavia was Skoda's (owned by VW) version of the Passat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
cant say i've looked at my speedo when bolting backwards! might get some one to look next time!

i know my sat nav tells me i pull 1.0G on acceleration and most corners about 0.75G (but im a wimp) i'm a str8 lines person!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
We can't buy Skodas here anyway, but if I livedin Europe I might go for it. Octavia's a lot nicer than a Jetta anyhow, with same engine and all.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I said I might go for it. It is a lot cheaper too. If money were no object and it was GTI vs. Octavia, I'd go with the GTI. But if it was Jetta 2.0T (non-GLI) vs. Octavia with the 2.0T I'd definitely go with the Octavia.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
...hah. my fast doesnt like going backwards. he likes being smashed back in his seat with foward acceleration! not fly through the windshield going backwards!! plus my fast doesnt really have a neck... so it would be a little difficult for him to drive backwards. haha

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
My fast is lucky he has a tail, otherwise he would have rolled off my dash many times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts