Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to say how impressed I am with this car's performance...the main reason I purchased the 2008 GTI was because I was in over my head on car payments for a BMW 335i. I thought I was downgrading but that couldn't be any further from the truth. The GTI is all business...it's a sherman tank on wheels...I cant believe how responsive and fast this little 4 banger turbo is and I'm coming from a twin turbo inline six! The DSG transmission is superior to BMW's auto tranny...I love the paddle shifters! The fit and finish of the GTI is on par with the BMW and the stereo looks and sounds better! The GTI's dashboard at night in blue and red is awesome! I don't see any car competing with this at the sub $30k range. The Civic SI is a POS.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Oh yeah. This makes me feel so good about my car. We have a guy coming from a 335i and another guy wanting to go back to his GTI after "upgrading" to his G35.

The GTI is way more than just a mode of transportation for me. I actually like the car more now that I've had it for a while than when I first got it. And I LOVED it when I first got it too.

WELCOME LEE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay...I've been reading alot of posts...it appears I've purchased one of the most modded cars on the road...is that a fair statement? So...if I decide to go re-flash...who should I trust? GIAC or APR? APR's website is nice...they offer an assortment of modifications.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
leehaff said:
...it appears I've purchased one of the most modded cars on the road...is that a fair statement?
A very fair statement. O0

Choice in chipping should come from a whole lot of research, and also take into heavy account what you want from your chip: There's a few threads that detail power gains, reliability, etc. Search around

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome!!!!

I've had my 2007 Black Magic GTI since Halloween Night 2006 and I fall in love with her all over again each day. I've been obsessed with souping her up and making it faster and more nimble.

Thank God you got rid of the BMW!

again, WELCOME!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts