Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I made the mistake of test-driving a GTI, and from that moment forward, I knew it was just a matter of time. Bought an '09 6-speed, two-door, red with black tinted windows, and I can't believe how much fun it is to drive. I'm 53-years-old, so this isn't my first rodeo. My wife and I previously owned a 2000 BMW 323 and a 2002 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo, and the GTI is unquestionably a superior ride to the Audi, and comparable to what I remember about the BMW--it was mostly driven by my EX-wife. :) I actually think it drives better than the Beemer, because of its more compact size--super nimble, and I love how little space it takes up in garage, parking lots, and how easy it is to wash. I'm always looking for excuses to drive it, have taken it on two road trips so far, and am headed out in a bit for another.

My baby has 22,000 miles on it, and I have a slow leak in one of the tires, based on what is now my second "low tire warning." The ContiPro Contacts that came OEM are not showing all that much tread, unfortunately, so I may end up getting a new set of 4 pretty soon. Any suggestions? I live in Southern Oregon, where it occasionally gets icy and dusted with snow in the valley floor, and I like to go skiing in the mountains, so I gotta go all-season.

Thanks for any help. I think I'm a lifer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts