Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my GTI on monday i drove it home from the dealership its like 15 miles away than of course i was out cruzing around loving it!!! and all of a sudden i hear beeping coming from behind me and a lady screaming you car is smoking....... long story short my brand new united gray two door GTI is in the shop for defective calibers and i only driven it 40 miles :( so right now i am stuck with a loaner car. i hope this is the first and last thing that goes wrong with the car, but after all this i still love it woooooo GTI!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
man that sucks i feel your pain! it should be ok.. doesnt seem like a common problem that I have heard of so it might just be a fluke that can be fixed with a replacement... good luck with that!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
that blows!! you should of just tried to get a new car after that. 40 miles!!! well atleast you love the car 8). welcome

·
Registered
76 Posts
WOW ??? Man that is not cool. Whatever you decided to do...

Just make sure that if it was the brakes that they replace the pads, rotors, and whatever caused the problem... and do an inspection on any of the bearings on the affected wheels...

Good luck man.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill let you know what happens and i will get them to change everything thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Got the GTI back today at 1:30 they changed the passenger side calibers and roters and checked the ball beerings (sp)? ha ..... and they changed the driverside pades on the calibers so hopfully this is the first and last time my GTI is in the shop... i drove it a little today so far so good!!!!!! O0

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha yeah thats why i put SP? by it...... spelling is not my strong suit but i got a GTI so who cares O0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts