My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just could not say no. The dealer wanted MSRP -$500 for evry GTI on the lot, and I had counted the Fahrenheit out due to high price. But just out of curiousity I asked how much he wanted for it, he said $26000.00. So now its mine, thank god Temple ,Texas has no one interested but me in a orange car. It is a great car. I went from a WRX to the GTI and it is by far a better car. A bit slower but everything else makes up for it. I test drove a standard model and have not driven a automatic in years. But 2 minutes with the DSG and I was sold on this technology. Its anything but a automatic and it shifts so flawlessy. Great car though would not trade it for anything. Peace!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
falconeight said:
It is a great car. I went from a WRX to the GTI and it is by far a better car. A bit slower but everything else makes up for it. I test drove a standard model and have not driven a automatic in years. But 2 minutes with the DSG and I was sold on this technology. Its anything but a automatic and it shifts so flawlessy. Great car though would not trade it for anything. Peace!
First off :WELCOME6: to MFG! :)

You couldn't have said it better on the DSG. O0

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the MFG - Also welcome the the 'Fahrenheit' Elite ;)

Like 134GTI wrote: get your windows tinted - mine came tinted when I bought the car (The VW dealer here in Vegas does that automatically on all of their cars cuz of the heat)

I see you registered it already on the Fahrenheit registry ;)

Have lots and lots of Fahrvergnuegen

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I really don't know if I am going to tint the windows yet. I am going to drive it around for a few weeks before I decide. I do like the orange so much that I might paint my 73 beetle the same color.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JUst for a little info, my wife is German and she was looking at the German VW website and she said that one thing that is not described in the Spec sheet in the US for the Fahrenheit, is that it is hand painted with six coats of the exact paint that is put on the Lamborghini Gallardo. To celebrate owning the brand Lamborghini.

·
Registered
119 Posts
falconeight said:
Thanks for the welcome. I really don't know if I am going to tint the windows yet. I am going to drive it around for a few weeks before I decide. I do like the orange so much that I might paint my 73 beetle the same color.
im shur youll chang ur mind when you see all the eyes looking in so dam much. its not just for style trust me. but hey not color tint just limo k.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Unfortunately those aren't Fahrenheits.... It's the Golf 'Speed' and altough it is the same color, it has some different features:

Different wheels "Vision" (not the Charleston as on the Fahrenheit)
Chrome mirrors
Chrome grille with no honeycomb
special exhaust unique for the Speed
Also available in Yellow

I included some pics

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vegas Fahrenheit said:
Unfortunately those aren't Fahrenheits.... It's the Golf 'Speed' and altough it is the same color, it has some different features:

Different wheels "Vision" (not the Charleston as on the Fahrenheit)
Chrome mirrors
Chrome grille with no honeycomb
special exhaust unique for the Speed
Also available in Yellow

I included some pics
Its a 2005 Golf Speed for Germany. Almost every country has a VW Special, ours is the Fahrenheit. The only reference was that the Orange paint is hand painted with 6 coats for the specials. If you email the guy who owns the site he can give you the process that all the VW Special editions go through. Its pretty cool.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome and congrats on #944 cool porschey number :)

I agree that the GTI is a better car than the WRX...i was just in Denver and my friend owns a WRX and we raced from a dig, from 30 rolls and down a very TIGHT curvy canyon ( narrow 2 lanes ) he can drive prety good and i smoked him every time from a dig ( swear to god ) the WRX just doesnt launch but will smoke our GTI once we get into triple digits and keep going.

Now for the amazing part, he followed me down the canyon and said he was shocked with how planted my car looked from behind, he also said he was scared for my life and couldnt believe how fast and in control i drove down this canyon ( i had never been down this road in my life ) he lives on that mountain and knows every inch and i pulled a 7 or 8 car length lead on him by the time we got to the bottom.

When we got on the freeway at a 30 roll i was toast...no chance at all, well...i hung for a bit but he walked away from me once we hit 100 ... both cars bone stock.

BTW Patrick... i found a guy named Wolf who works exclusively on VW's here in Vegas, im gonna call him soon and ask what he can do as far as mods go, ill keep you updated.

Welcome to MFG #944 enjoy that orange crush :)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
TOE_FAST said:
Now for the amazing part, he followed me down the canyon and said he was shocked with how planted my car looked from behind, he also said he was scared for my life and couldnt believe how fast and in control i drove down this canyon
You are still on the OEM suspension, right? ;D

Koni's and a sway bar; the car is solid. >:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yup...bone stock - zero mods right now.

The angle...im actually below the car at camera level in that shot, you almost always see car images from the 5-6 foot range and you dont see the gap underneath, its kind of an optical illusion.

I thought the H&R coilovers were the hot ticket?

I would love front and rear swaybars, coilovers and 19 inch rims that are a tad wider. throw on the GHL quad tip exhaust with the Rieger kit, neuspeed CAI and the APR stage 1 and a really good double din HU that plays DVD's in motion, good NAV, ipod and bluetooth.

Then i can start modding it ;) bigger turbo... intercooler etc etc its only money right?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im really enjoying the site and the people. Everyone so far are pretty helpful and really nice. Thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
You Orange guys are tight - I like that. I have a question though, based on the first pic in the thread: why does VW keep mounting the front license plate in the centre of the black band at the grill - man that would really bug me. Look where they put mine (CDN 2008):

1 - 20 of 27 Posts