Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? Looks like the function is a bit of an improvement. (Even though the stock FMIC is adequate unless you are spending all your time at the track.)

I like being able to see the Forge and ABD units through the front lower valance, not so much with this one. I wonder how they stack up against each other in reality. Manricky is the only one on this site I know of that has a new FMIC installed. It would be fun to put 'em up and see what numbers they really put out though.

I wonder if the VF FMIC that goes with the RS/R kit will be the same basic design?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Have you considered doing it at the same time as a big turbo kit?

Any known issues (such as volumetric boost loss) w/ the stock turbo?

:)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dragon said:
Have you considered doing it at the same time as a big turbo kit?

Any known issues (such as volumetric boost loss) w/ the stock turbo?

:)
Right as usual ;D....I have no need of this upgrade until that time when I man up for a turbo upgrade. The stocker is just fine for now. APR just released it so I thought I might bring it to the wonderful light of MFGTI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm interested in this too. The location (ie the stock location) is not ideal, but I like the idea that it LOOKS stock. Nice touch for a car still under warranty. :) Their dyno also says stock, but the HP and torque #'s are definetly from a "chipped" car. It would be nice if they gave more info on real HP gains on a stock tune and then on the APR tunes. If the IAT's (intake temps) are really 20-40 degrees cooler than stock, this should translate to a good 10HP gain even on a stock car. Food for thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts