My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up Das Fast and I am so emotional...

So Happy Yet Sad that I can't take it back home to Canada.

The spot on the hood came out no problem with a good buff.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
DAS FAST said:
Just picked up Das Fast and I am so emotional...

First Happy ;D

But also sad because the car is full of Swirl Marks and scuffs...I don't know what they did to it... :'(

And also angry cause I want someone to pay!! >:D

[help]

What should I do here? Take it back to the dealer and demand that they fix it or set out to buff and polish it to get rid of the swirlies. I don't want them to mess it up more... :'(

thoughts?

Pics will be up in 30 mins or so.. :-\
take it back to the dealer. :-\ ask them to fix it, pay for a proffesional detailing (not their house apes with a buffing machine) or new paint.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Can't tell anything from the pictures. But I would say the longer you wait to take it in, the harder it will be to make your case. The swirl patterns are pretty typical as the preps all seem to use buffers, but like I said, I can't see the other with any detail.

Take it in.

·
Registered
193 Posts
my gf car had a problem the paint fading to a dark grey on her 2 week old 07 one the hood..............does it look like there is something on it or that the pigment is just going away?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Literally it's like a blob that's fading....

I took it in today and even the sales guy was like "What the..."

he's gonna call me back with a better time to come to get their "paint guy" to have look and see what he can do.

There was also a scruff mark that he attributed to the white cover/stickers that are on int he new car, he said that comes out with a buff.

As for the swirl mark, I can get that out with a good wax and polish, right? No power buffer based on what I have read on this forum, simply bicep power.

·
Registered
193 Posts
we are yet to make an appointment to have the vw rep come look at it............... major pain..........the hood needs to be reshot as well as a fender...... looks so bad in the sun :-\

tell them that you want that part of the car reshot ...............

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reshot? Qu'est que ca?

Like a reshot of clear coat??

How long does a reshot take? I bought the car in Ohio (Columbus) and I am only here until Friday ten I head back to Toronto.....

Maaaaaaaan...this is soo stressful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts