Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta say I'm happily impressed. Came over from a 9-2X Aero (turbo lag :mad:) and love the amount of torque this thing kicks out. Started slow and got a custom short ram and a boost gauge popped on. (Quick, cheap, easy mods. O0 ) Outside of that stupid soft touch crap covering the interior, I've been very pleased with the interior.

I'm VERY interested in getting an exhaust or chip next. Only thing I'm worrying about is finding a dealer around here I can get either at. (Charlotte, NC)

Anyone local have any recommendations?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Congrats. ^-^

I like that soft touch material, it is what gives the interior an air of quality. The cheap cars have hard plastics there, which IMO sucks. I had an MKIV Golf for 6 years which was good to me. I only drove the turbo once, and was a bit taken a back by the turbo. When it hits you gotta hold on! Are you used to it yet? Can't help you with the local contacts, I am in Vancouver. How about some pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uncle dude said:
Congrats. ^-^

I like that soft touch material, it is what gives the interior an air of quality. The cheap cars have hard plastics there, which IMO sucks. I had an MKIV Golf for 6 years which was good to me. I only drove the turbo once, and was a bit taken a back by the turbo. When it hits you gotta hold on! Are you used to it yet? Can't help you with the local contacts, I am in Vancouver. How about some pics?
Problem with mine is it's peeling a good bit. So instead of looking nice, it looks worn. :(

I'm probably gonna just remove it all, clean it off, and try some Krylon Fusion silver spraypaint. Saw some pics that look really nice, and would add some contrast. (Those metal trim pieces cost a TON of cash! :eek:)

I have to say I've accidentally peeled out more times than I can count. With my intake the little 4-banger sounds quite beastly, and the diverter valve really sings.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Look up Black Forest Industries in Cary, NC. Killer shop and the people are down to earth. They are an APR authorized dealer, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.