My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was looking online and mapping out my upgrade path and as I was looking thru some parts I came across something about some software by neuspeed which is along the lines of APR and Revo.

Well I was pretty much just wondering if anyone has this or knows anything about how good it is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have searched neuspeed and didnt find anything having to do with chipping other then something about having a car chipped with a neuspeed exhaust.

So if youd be so kind as to link thats be cool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was just released and after talking to my Tuner he said that it actually is covered by warrenty, as long as you have proof that it is the neuspeed software installed. what I am to understand is that the sofware is to increase of up to 50 more horse power and 100lbs of torque, now I have not installed it myself but i am waiting to get a confirmation from the dealership to see if this is true. I also looked a little further and from what I am to understand is they are allowing the neuspeed sofware upgarde and neuspeed pully kit because of the new 08 Audi TT (this is all information I found online and speaking to dealership) the new Audi TT is pushing 300 horse power and they are using the same 2.0 fsi engine that is in our GTI's so it raised a brow how they are doing this, well good old Audi/VW decided to look for help from meuspeed and they developed the software upgrade and magic was born, they also used the neuspeed pully kit but that was already out. so after this information leaked it was my understanding that a good amount of GTI owners wanted to know how is it fair they could not have the Neuspeed upgrade and still be covered by warrenty, and from what I am to understand VW of America has release privitly (meaning not going public) that any neuspeed parts installed professionally are covered by warrenty on the 06 and up GTI... now if this is all true I dont know I am waiting to here from my dealership before i go neuspeed crazy... but if this is all true it would be SICKKKKKK... anyway i will keep the group posted on this as soon as i get a confirmation, FYI- am am talking with the dealership through via e-mail so that i have all information in writing.
HAPPY BOOSTING

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
^^^ Good info- keep us up to date- All of my bolt-ons are Neuspeed w/ the exception of suspension and DV. >:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well I'm drooling too, this would be great - and if covered under warranty, their business will shoot through the roof as every 06 + GTI owner will be flock'n this way..... they make good stuff too.

I'll see if I can confirm with my tech boys over at the dealership also.......I'll bring my tape recorder, they are a mod friendly dealer and love talk'n about this stuff 8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
DARKSIDE_GTI said:
It was just released and after talking to my Tuner he said that it actually is covered by warrenty, as long as you have proof that it is the neuspeed software installed. what I am to understand is that the sofware is to increase of up to 50 more horse power and 100lbs of torque, now I have not installed it myself but i am waiting to get a confirmation from the dealership to see if this is true. I also looked a little further and from what I am to understand is they are allowing the neuspeed sofware upgarde and neuspeed pully kit because of the new 08 Audi TT (this is all information I found online and speaking to dealership) the new Audi TT is pushing 300 horse power and they are using the same 2.0 fsi engine that is in our GTI's so it raised a brow how they are doing this, well good old Audi/VW decided to look for help from meuspeed and they developed the software upgrade and magic was born, they also used the neuspeed pully kit but that was already out. so after this information leaked it was my understanding that a good amount of GTI owners wanted to know how is it fair they could not have the Neuspeed upgrade and still be covered by warrenty, and from what I am to understand VW of America has release privitly (meaning not going public) that any neuspeed parts installed professionally are covered by warrenty on the 06 and up GTI... now if this is all true I dont know I am waiting to here from my dealership before i go neuspeed crazy... but if this is all true it would be SICKKKKKK... anyway i will keep the group posted on this as soon as i get a confirmation, FYI- am am talking with the dealership through via e-mail so that i have all information in writing.
HAPPY BOOSTING
Hunh? The 2008 Audi TT with 2.0T FSI is rated the same as the MKV GTI -- 200 HP / 207 ft lbs torque:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/audi/tt/100852083/specs.html

There are no factory versions of the 2.0T FSI that exceed these specs without signifcant engine changes -- not just a chip and a new pulley.

For example, read about the Audi S3 here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=4180

·
Registered
121 Posts
psyclone said:
DARKSIDE_GTI said:
HAPPY BOOSTING
Hunh? The 2008 Audi TT with 2.0T FSI is rated the same as the MKV GTI -- 200 HP / 207 ft lbs torque:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/audi/tt/100852083/specs.html

There are no factory versions of the 2.0T FSI that exceed these specs without signifcant engine changes -- not just a chip and a new pulley.

For example, read about the Audi S3 here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=4180
Either Edmonds or Road and Track have their facts wrong:

"Horsepower: 200 hp" - Edmunds

"...expected it to be powered by the 250-bhp 3.2-liter V-6 as used in the new TT and also in the Volkswagen Golf R32" - R&T

If R&T are correct then I can see this being quite likely, if Edmunds are correct then I'd have to agree with you...either way something smells.

·
Registered
11 Posts
? What are you talking about? Edmunds refers to the cheaper TT with the 2.0 TFSI which does give out 200/207. Whereas the R&T refers to the 3.2 quattro model.

·
Registered
121 Posts
maverickmage said:
? What are you talking about? Edmunds refers to the cheaper TT with the 2.0 TFSI which does give out 200/207. Whereas the R&T refers to the 3.2 quattro model.
Sorry wasn't quite following what was being said, it wasn't made overly clear and I'm certainly not knowledgable when it comes to this so I hope a day will come when you can forgive my ignorance.
Your point makes perfect sense now though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kool said:
maverickmage said:
Sorry wasn't quite following what was being said, it wasn't made overly clear and I'm certainly not knowledgable when it comes to this so I hope a day will come when you can forgive my ignorance.
Your point makes perfect sense now though.
bleh. no need to apologize. sorry if i came out sounding a bit rough. I can see how the mistake could be made.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok guys, here is the official word from dealership and from neuspeed...
Dealership- Neuspeed software runs fine with our systems, we wont know it's on the car unless you tell us or we drive in and try to get it over 130 MPH... so go get it or buy a GTI from Rusnak Audi in T.O. (Thousand Oaks, CA)??? :eek: (called Rusnak) they said that any Audi or VW you buy from them is covered with Neuspeed modifications only if they are done at neuspeed shop. So I simply said if I told you today that I wanted to buy a GTI from you guys, but said I want a Neuspeed remap, neuspeed intake neuspeed exhaust I would still have a factory warranty, the answer was music to my ears... >:D YES we will even take the car to neuspeed for you after purchase... :eek: I may take my GTI to them as a trade in... >:D

Neuspeed - Spoke to Gary and he told me that the neuspeed software is not covered under warranty from most dealerships :'( but dealerships will not know it is installed if you donÂ’t tell them, you know Rusnak Audi brings us customers cars all the time for work and the software runs stealth,??? and he said if I was worried about anything that I could bring it down and they would remove the software before I went into the dealership... I was excited, I said what about the error codes that come up if youÂ’re pushing to much boost and things like that, he said let me explain it again, and our software canÂ’t be seen because we are using VW specs???(Whatever that means) so our software wonÂ’t cause any error codes.

I am taking my GTI to neuspeed tomorrow for the software. Or to Rusnak Audi for a trade in, either way I feel very good and safe, I love VW and Neuspeed. I Live in Van Nuys / Arleta, CA. but I work is Simi Valley, CA. So Neuspeed and Rusnak are both close, life is GOOD. O0

FYI- I didnÂ’t check my spelling because I donÂ’t CARE!!!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
DARKSIDE_GTI said:
Ok guys, here is the official word from dealership and from neuspeed...
Dealership- Neuspeed software runs fine with our systems, we wont know it's on the car unless you tell us or we drive in and try to get it over 130 MPH... so go get it or buy a GTI from Rusnak Audi in T.O. (Thousand Oaks, CA)??? :eek: (called Rusnak) they said that any Audi or VW you buy from them is covered with Neuspeed modifications only if they are done at neuspeed shop. So I simply said if I told you today that I wanted to buy a GTI from you guys, but said I want a Neuspeed remap, neuspeed intake neuspeed exhaust I would still have a factory warranty, the answer was music to my ears... >:D YES we will even take the car to neuspeed for you after purchase... :eek: I may take my GTI to them as a trade in... >:D

Neuspeed - Spoke to Gary and he told me that the neuspeed software is not covered under warranty from most dealerships :'( but dealerships will not know it is installed if you donÂ't tell them, you know Rusnak Audi brings us customers cars all the time for work and the software runs stealth,??? and he said if I was worried about anything that I could bring it down and they would remove the software before I went into the dealership... I was excited, I said what about the error codes that come up if youÂ're pushing to much boost and things like that, he said let me explain it again, and our software canÂ't be seen because we are using VW specs???(Whatever that means) so our software wonÂ't cause any error codes.

I am taking my GTI to neuspeed tomorrow for the software. Or to Rusnak Audi for a trade in, either way I feel very good and safe, I love VW and Neuspeed. I Live in Van Nuys / Arleta, CA. but I work is Simi Valley, CA. So Neuspeed and Rusnak are both close, life is GOOD. O0

FYI- I didnÂ't check my spelling because I donÂ't CARE!!!
The speling was fine O0

1 - 14 of 14 Posts