My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried putting neon or lcd lights under their GTI. If so what color , RED or BLUE. Also what would be the best way to wire them. Directly to battery with a toggle switch or somehow wire them to the fog lights so that the fog light switch would control both the fog lights and the neon lights.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I can't help you with the wiring or anything like that.

But, please please please please do not put neon lights under your car. Spare us.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yeah... not a fan of neons. someone had a cool idea of putting them by the feet inside the car. i think that would be sweet but not on the outside.

·
Registered
26 Posts
at first i was thinkin about blue neons on the outside of my reflex silver GTI but know im probably gonna try to get them on the inside cuz it just looks better than it being on the outside...

·
Registered
108 Posts
What i did was got a switch from autozone for my old nissan 240sx and went to the battery. Pretty much what u said. I wouldnt mess with the wiring to the stock switches but really its up to you. Neons look cool but i for tired of them within one week and never used them and they ended up breaking. Bah waste of money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
oh god, please dont put one of those neon lights under the car...that's so '99 Fast and the Furious wanna-be! it's been phased out, but putting lights by the feet inside the car is a good idea. i have a friend who put black lights down there and it's reaaaally nice--but as previously stated by another person, spare us! hahaha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not to be rude but.......If I saw a GTI with neons anywhere, I would strip any existing GTI badges from the car and affix an "I pee sitting down" sticker to the rear bumper.

Neons are for wanna-bees.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not taking any ofence, this is all good coments, because in the end im not going to be the one looking at the car from the outside.

The lights under the dash seems cool but wouldnt it get on your nerves after a while.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I want to put a little dog head in my rear window that bobs up and down. Can someone tell me how to wire in the eyes to the brake lights?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
jgo said:
I want to put a little dog head in my rear window that bobs up and down. Can someone tell me how to wire in the eyes to the brake lights?
Please tell me that there is an insane amount of sarcasm in this thread!

·
5,926 Posts
i got them on my 65 ford galaxie and i yet get pulled over this guy was trying to race me he had a mustang with green lights and he got a ticket for his neon but the cop did not say anything to me

·
Registered
33 Posts
omfg i swear i hope u don't live in orange county cuz if i c u i will rip those things off so fast you won't know what hit you. why would you spend money on that? go get a cai or exhaust or bov or something ne thing but that!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
dawar said:
Im not taking any ofence, this is all good coments, because in the end im not going to be the one looking at the car from the outside.

The lights under the dash seems cool but wouldnt it get on your nerves after a while.
i have a blue neon under the dash, beneath my feet. and it doesnt get on my nerves at all, it just looks awesome!!! im gona get a red one for the other side. its 6 bucks for a 8" tube. pretty cheap ha

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Cool in the interior - blue/red combo matches the odo-displays...

I think neon lights underneith the car are too much Ricer....and you know what we think about Ricers!!!! [pissed]

·
Registered
253 Posts
yea it matches on the gti but not the nismo :p

neons under the car are annoying and you will get an expensive ticket for that!!!
and how many cigarette lighters does the gti have?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts