Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what links are you guys running? I've got an APR rear sway set on full stiffness and it's raping my stock links, obviously haha starting to make noise so I've gotta get me some aftermarket links. If some of you guys could link me to some that would be great. Found some for like 160 a pair but that seems pretty darn expensive for two little metal links.. but maybe i'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
142 hmmm... is that pretty much the cheapest I'm gonna find these things? I honestly expected them to be somewhere between 50 and 80. 142 is like half the price of the actual sway bar sheesh

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, spendy. OEM is cheaper; http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Suspension/Sway_Bar/ES316086/

Did yours break? Are you sure the links are making the noise and not the bar bushings?
Yeah they haven't broken, but the angle of the links just doesn't match the angle of the insert on the apr sway bar. hard to explain but the part where the sway bar attaches is at a steeper angle and you can see that the bolt is pretty much bending the links/twisting them. and i have it on the highest stiffness so that prob isn't helping either

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yeah I get it. My H&R is set stiff w/oem links, but no noise. That's why I asked about the bushings because ours are different from each others. APR's needs greasing correct? I've launched my mkv in air 60ft out into a field and the links are still OK.

·
Registered
396 Posts
im running the BSH endlinks w/ my BSH swaybar, im very happy with them

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Plus I did 2 or 3 barrel rolls while in air and then luckily landed on all fours ;]

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
That would have been perfect for somebody with a camera, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts