Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm well on my way to getting a fully functional machine shop in my basement so I don't need to keep borrowing time on other equipment.

I'm only planning on doing short-runs of pieces and one-off projects, If you need anything built/machined send me a PM on here or email me: [email protected] with a detailed description and/or design and we can see what we can work out O0

My current Fabrication abilities include:

Milling (manual)
Drilling
Cutting
Welding (Stick, MIG, and TIG)
Lathe (coming soon)

I'm a senior majoring in Mechanical Engineering and fabricate most of my own performance parts and parts for friends. If you want examples of my work give me a shout and I can provide pictures.

Sorry guys I plan on getting the tooling to do wheel spacers/adapters as soon as I can but for right now no rotating parts that require centripetal balance.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
ill take you up on the spacers

when you are able to make them

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Dude, thats awesome..!!! I'll definitely keep that in mind. Also keep us posted with some of the work you do for others..!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
nice, i want to run the 4 carb thing on my mk3

i like the look of it

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Justin when I get the funds and time off, you wanna help with my bag setup?

And I demand more photo's of the 2002, love that car

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice, i want to run the 4 carb thing on my mk3

i like the look of it
Yes is is definatly a good way to go, it's going to be a pretty slick setup

Justin when I get the funds and time off, you wanna help with my bag setup?

And I demand more photo's of the 2002, love that car
absolutly, feel free to shoot me a PM with your plans and I can try to give you some advise/options. It should not be difficult.

I don't have many good photo's of the car currently, But it is about to undergo a multi year restoration/build. I'm going to strip everything off it strip the paint and shave the bay, do all the body work, build the motor, get the car lower on bags and complete interior, and rebuild/refinish every part on her.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
If you need a painter I know a guy..... ;D

I'll let you know. I'm kinda half in the market for a vr6 mkIII jetta so if I stumble on one that would be the new project

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you need a painter I know a guy..... ;D

I'll let you know. I'm kinda half in the market for a vr6 mkIII jetta so if I stumble on one that would be the new project
sounds good.

I know a guy with a paint booth that I have access to for personal projects and plan on taking the shell down there and painting it myself :) get some good experience in the process. I could probably use some tips/tricks to doing body work tho!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Well when you run into an issue or need someone to check with, just pm me and you can haz my number O0

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Cool sh!t man. I used to set up sinico machines, and also some minor cnc stuff. I would love to have a little machine shop/welding area

·
is Afraid of the Dyno
3,504 Posts
Make an emblem for my A4 engine cover so I can cover up the audi blank thats on it..

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
everything is going great! I have just about all my milling machine tooling in and operating. In the proccess of welding up my welding station and hopefully picking up a newer band saw tomorrow as mine is not able to keep up with the demand.

BB if your really want one PM me some pics/specs

crazy, yea I love doing CNC stuff, writing the code without a CAD/CAM program can take awhile and is really not worth it on a part by part basis but for multiple products it sure makes up the time quick! I will possibly be retrofitting my mill to cnc in the future aswell.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Ya you are right about one off parts compared to multiple product run. I always set up to run multiple product for a company. The Sinico had 4 jaws, rotating spindle, and options for facing, and od and id chamfer. Also set up to automatically load pipe or solid material from a rack.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts