Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 gti vr6 driver's edition, I've had it for awhile and always meant to fix it up, but losing my job put those plans on hold. But now I'm back on my feet and ready to fix up my baby. I have to change my radiator first it's got a gusher of a leak. I'm just wondering how you go about doing that, I'm not a complete moron when it comes to cars. Just don't know all the ins and outs. When i purchase my radiator do I have to get one with cooling fans? Do I have to disassmble the hole front end just to pull it out?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I have a 97 gti vr6 driver's edition, I've had it for awhile and always meant to fix it up, but losing my job put those plans on hold. But now I'm back on my feet and ready to fix up my baby. I have to change my radiator first it's got a gusher of a leak. I'm just wondering how you go about doing that, I'm not a complete moron when it comes to cars. Just don't know all the ins and outs. When i purchase my radiator do I have to get one with cooling fans? Do I have to disassmble the hole front end just to pull it out?
Disassembling the front end makes it much easier. Plus it gives you tons of room. The fans are a separate piece but bolt to the radiator. The last one I did I unmounted the fans inside of the bay and pulled the radiator, but the front end off makes the process so much easier.

If you need any more help, lmk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts