Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 gti with 130 on the clock. mods are below. recently i got a CEL scanned and got code for intake manifold runner control valve stuck open. getting misfires at WOT and car bucks kind of like i cant drive stick, sometimes when i start in 1st but its the car being weird, soemtimes starting in 1st i hear the DV blow off before i let off the gas, also STARTING TODAY HERES WHATS F'IN HAPPENIN... now when i clutch in the rpm either drops very slowly or stays where its at for a couple senconds then drops slowly, either way when it revs down to 1k it pretty much stays there unless i sit for a few mins and let it relax to regular idle, BUT it squeals loud as hell now at idle. so im starting to think my turbo might be dying becuase it has like weird boost lag and a noise between 2200-2400 rpm when accelerating. and i think the squealing might be the turbine or the fins or something scratching the housing. its going to the brand new VW dealer in Toms River NJ tomorrow morning to get vag-com'd. im buggin out about this because if the turbo is shot then i want to go K04, but i can really only afford to replace it witha new stock one probably. please lmk what you guys think thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
The throttle body is covered by an extended warranty and open campaign. Have the dealer serv. dept. check on it. They run your VIN and then apply all open campaigns to it.
PM me if you need a oem K03. I still have mine, and it was great when removed at 55k miles. Better yet get a K04. Go order a Golf R K04 turbo at the dealer parts dept.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.