My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got almost 35K miles on my fast and its almost time to replace the 18" Continentals. I got prices on 3 tires today:

Federal SS-595

Toyo Proxes FZ4

Fierce HP

Prices on all of these were really good I thought. All 3 of these were under $500 for a set of 4 mounted and balanced. Any opinions on these or suggestions for other tires I should be looking at?

thanks!
daniel

·
Registered
530 Posts
dgm said:
I've got almost 35K miles on my fast and its almost time to replace the 18" Continentals. I got prices on 3 tires today:

Federal SS-595

Toyo Proxes FZ4

Fierce HP

Prices on all of these were really good I thought. All 3 of these were under $500 for a set of 4 mounted and balanced. Any opinions on these or suggestions for other tires I should be looking at?

thanks!
daniel
What I want to know is, how did you get 35K out of those tires? At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to gt 15K out of them. :'(
$500 for 4 18" tires? That sounds like a really good price. 8)

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Check out the Nitto Neogens Price was good for me, for 17s and the rubber is damn sticky. Had them for about 3000 miles and they are still rockin...
And I fall into the "Spirited" driving category.

These are for 225/40/ZR18

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...cf=false&sw=false&cs=225&pc=40223&rd=18&ar=40

113 a piece, free shipping, free 90 day financing if you need it. I just did this same thing in the 17s Worked out well

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Bcruzin said:
Check out the Nitto Neogens Price was good for me, for 17s and the rubber is damn sticky. Had them for about 3000 miles and they are still rockin...
And I fall into the "Spirited" driving category.

These are for 225/40/ZR18

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...cf=false&sw=false&cs=225&pc=40223&rd=18&ar=40

113 a piece, free shipping, free 90 day financing if you need it. I just did this same thing in the 17s Worked out well
I dig those a lot!! I am pretty sure those are the one's for me in about 7-10K

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
Ditto on the Nitto's here.

[shizzle]

They're on my wish list...

...now if I can only get my wife to actually read my wish list.

:'(
Brother.... you figure that out and about 2.5 billion men will finally have it made!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NVGTI said:
dgm said:

Federal SS-595

Toyo Proxes FZ4

Fierce HP

thanks!
daniel
What I want to know is, how did you get 35K out of those tires? At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to gt 15K out of them. :'(
$500 for 4 18" tires? That sounds like a really good price. 8)
Yeah, I thought that price was pretty darn good too. I was expecting double that. I do ALOT of highway driving. ...about 1000 miles a week during the school year, so most of my miles are straight 65mph highway. ...not too hard on the rubber. I'm expecting to replace these tires at about 36 or 37K miles.

Thanks for pointing out the Nittos, I'll check into those too!

·
Registered
223 Posts
if you go to the Nitto website, they have a compare feature for all of their tires.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Einvo%2Ecompare

looks like the neogens are quieter, but the NT555's have beter performance.

of course..being the manufacturer...this might not be entirely accurate. Could be just a gimick to get you to upgrade to the more expensive tire. who knows

1 - 9 of 9 Posts