Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my navigation system it has a category named "aux" does this mean my GTI is ipod compatible?...I can't seem to find a plug-in anywhere for it...please advise!

·
Registered
690 Posts
ThomThom said:
On my navigation system it has a category named "aux" does this mean my GTI is ipod compatible?...I can't seem to find a plug-in anywhere for it...please advise!
It's most likely on the back of the headunit. Your GTI would be iPod compatible if the iPod adapter was plugged into that aux port.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply DrJones...this might seem like a stupid question, but what do you mean behind the head unit?...I f it takes messing with the actual head unit of the stat nav the car came with I'd rather not, howevere if you could think of another place an outlet for an ipod adapter would be, please enlighten me...thanks!

·
Registered
690 Posts
On the back of the part of the dash that has the screen on it that tells you when to turn is a set of jacks marked "AUX." When something that makes sound, like an iPod, is attatched to these jacks, you will then be able to hear what's coming out of the iPod through the stereo when you press the "AUX" button on the part of the dash with the screen on it that tells you when to turn.

Glad that's settled...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.