Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing some research about adding an insert and i see a lot of good and bad things about it but i do not see anybody talking about issues caused after adding any mount insert to their cars.

Vibration seems to be the worse thing about the inserts... but really... if the cars is getting stiffer that means that whatever pressure is applied, with the insert is now distributed somewhere else. Where? Transmission??? Clutch??? Axles??? ...? what is the worse that could really happen here?

I am running a Stage 2+ AT and i am just concerned that a $20-40 part will bring me a $1,000+ repair later. Could anyone comment on that before i actually buy one?

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
vibes are felt more when in reverse and when initially starting the car. At least this is what I've found. The slop that is removed is transferred to the entire chassis of the car.

It will not cause anything else to fail.

Unfortunately, with car performance, everything is a trade off. You want stiffer suspension and engine/tranny mounts? Guess what, more NVH. But the dogbone insert is not too bad. The plus side, it's a $30 part and easy to remove if you don't like it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I want to get it and i really do not mind the shaking as much as I mind the wheel hopping. :smirk:

What kind of greese did you use to install yours? Did you go for the softer one? I hear ECS is pretty good in most forums... What's your opinion on that?

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
ecs is solid

I used whatever stuff I had around, but I wouldn't use anything petroleum based, as it can harm plastics. I may have used silicon, can't remeber. I used my jack to push it in, worked very well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot... guess i will have to use a jack to push it in... i will order an ECS one and try to snap some photos of how i do it so i can help others too.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Thanks a lot... guess i will have to use a jack to push it in... i will order an ECS one and try to snap some photos of how i do it so i can help others too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts