Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say I buy a 2006 MKV GTI because since it's used I can get it cheaper, but the previous owner didn't put the navigation system in. Could I order it throught VW and have them install it? And if so how much would it cost? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
103 Posts
scottnashley said:
i have a 07 and they said 2000 to order it + labor 2 hours.
where did u call to find this out

i live in canada and we don't have nav systems on our models .. it is not even an option ... and i have been lookin everywhere to get this ... i have an 07 model gti

if this can be ordered from VW there in USA ... i will be willing to drive down there spend a nite and have them install it for me .. since the basic radio with mp3 player sucks ass

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick question for those who have installed a aftermarket NAV in the GTi. After the install does all speakers in the car work? cause i know on all NAV systems they have 4 speaker outputs 4x50 watts but in the GTI there are 8 speakers does all 8 speakers still work after the install

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shouldn't have a problem, as long as the install is done correctly. Each set of speakers uses a crossover to seperate the signal. I've attached a diagram for you.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
577 Posts
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
Say I buy a 2006 MKV GTI because since it's used I can get it cheaper, but the previous owner didn't put the navigation system in. Could I order it throught VW and have them install it? And if so how much would it cost? Thanks for any advice.
Tom Tom just came out with a bigger screen nav, you can use it on the fly and it works pretty good ( i have the 700 ) plus its cool looking, you can change map colors to match the display colors, i have mine mounted above the vent on the left side of the steering wheel. and it will save you over 1000 dollars.

for about 2700 you can get an aftermarket 2 din with DVD/NAV/SAT/ipod and bluetooth

www.alpine.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts