Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I heard from someone that it doesn't. I have no idea though, never seen one. Do a search on this forum for "nav", I'm sure it's been covered somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't ordered my GTI yet, & I'm leaning toward the lower body kit instead of the NAV. I'll still get the $200 ipod kit but I will still burn 6 MP-3 CD's for the ability to have Artist & track name. I'm scared to loose all CD capability if I opt for the NAV with Ipod interface. :-\

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Nav system doesn't play DVD'd, its strictly for the navigation data dvds. I have the Nav system with ipod adapter, and sat radio. I will do my best to answer any questions you have :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have retro-fitted a MFD2 Nav in to my MkV, the unit has support for playing video and audio from an aux device. You need to get an AV interface adapter that plugs in to the back of the MFD2. Then you can plug any AV player into this interface and play them via the AUX.

I thought about doing it but I'm too busy enjoying the car itself.

Dave N

·
Registered
245 Posts
sttaylor said:
I haven't ordered my GTI yet, & I'm leaning toward the lower body kit instead of the NAV. I'll still get the $200 ipod kit but I will still burn 6 MP-3 CD's for the ability to have Artist & track name. I'm scared to loose all CD capability if I opt for the NAV with Ipod interface. :-\
If that is what it is between, go for the body kit. Especially if you have any other colour then Black Magic. You can buy aftermarket nav if you really need it that bad and it will likely run you less.

·
Registered
263 Posts
nitroburn said:
sttaylor said:
If that is what it is between, go for the body kit. Especially if you have any other colour then Black Magic. You can buy aftermarket nav if you really need it that bad and it will likely run you less.
even with black i hate the back end of my car. i need a body kit asap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know if the opening screen on the Nav radio can beturned off? I hate having to answer to my radio every time I turn it on. Also can the 6 disc changer be used if the Ipod interface is installed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
As far as I know thats a US thing, in europe you dont need to press anything.
If you have access to vag-com you can change the car coding to make it be euro then the message does not appear.

·
Registered
106 Posts
jak112460 said:
Does anyone know if the opening screen on the Nav radio can beturned off? I hate having to answer to my radio every time I turn it on. Also can the 6 disc changer be used if the Ipod interface is installed?
I have the IPOD interface and you can still use the 6 disc changer. I have 6 MP3 CD's in my deck as well as my 30G vid ipod using the ipod interface in the center arm rest.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yea, and then my both my parents cars already had sirius so i just added my account onto theirs so i think it costs less or something

·
Registered
230 Posts
when they say "dvd" navigation its the kind of disc that its put on so it holds more information hence more roads and stuff are gonna be on there, there's also "cd" nav...which, as you can guess, doesn't have as many roads and routes

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.