Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well just a quick rundown. The taping is the crapy part, I found 1/4" masking tape is best for the rounded parts (horseshoe) and using only one piece on the u part is best. Start from one side of the horseshoe with a long piece and tape just along the gunmetal were it meets the silver. This goes for the top staright part of the as well. Your gona have some have some gunmetal still exposed so either thicker tape or some more to cover the rest well do it. Like I said this part sucks but it gets easier by the second or third wheel, you kind of get the hang of it. Make sure before taping and painting to clean your wheels really well. On the paint I choose flat black but gloss or whatever would be fine to. I didnt do any sanding andjust went with a good coat of primer and three good coats of black . Sorry I dont have any pics but hopefully you get the gerneral idea, if not let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.