My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my o7 GTI I just put a new CF hood from sebion that they hooked me up with, going back in a week for the hatch. They treat me and my fast good. Also check my other sponcers site out, www.gsr1.com this guy sells a lot of import stuff but he can get killer deals in GTI stuff. tell him Luis G. sent you and he will hook it up.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
DARKSIDE_GTI said:
Here is my o7 GTI I just put a new CF hood from sebion that they hooked me up with, going back in a week for the hatch. They treat me and my fast good. Also check my other sponcers site out, www.gsr1.com this guy sells a lot of import stuff but he can get killer deals in GTI stuff. tell him Luis G. sent you and he will hook it up.
Well, the hood looks great- if you get the C/F grill- make sure you get the one that retains the "red grin".

No offense, but if you are "sponsored" and are representing shops, I'd strongly suggest you use a spell cheeker :-* , http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index_pack.html <--- that's free :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you really bugging about the spelling? ???whatever I just wanted to post a pic and see what you guys thought, I have looked a lot online and found what the hood looks like but hard to find pics showing the hood on the car, so thought this might give some people an idea? when I said feedback I meant on the pic not on my grammar, either way I could care less, I posted the pic I wanted and I appreciate all the positive feedback from everyone, I will post pics of body kit from www.GSR1.com once we get it on, thanks for looking, kit should be here in about 2 weeks, once I get it if anyone wants one I might be able to get a group rate discount.

Yes the website is new, but the company has been around for awhile, the ownerÂ's name is Johnny, heÂ's a good friend of mine and he can get a lot equipment for GTIÂ's O0

^-^ <-- you should be proud I spell checked this using: "Microsoft $hut the %$& up software".

·
Registered
842 Posts
Re: MY NEW 07 FAST with new hood (CF) (I havent even got the plates yet! (FEEDBA

Not a fan of the hood, I don't think it compliments the car in anyway. Unique for sure though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: MY NEW 07 FAST with new hood (CF) (I havent even got the plates yet! (FEEDBA

I understand the point of getting a carbon fiber hood, I think. It's a lot less weight in metal sitting on the car. Anyone know the difference in weight?
What I don't know is why it's almost never painted to match. The CF hood on the black car just looks odd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The CF looks really cool in the sun, it reflects in a lot of ways, the company that makes the hood says it weighs less the half the weight of the stock hood. I called a guy at the dealership in parts and he told me that the hood should way about 75 pounds no more then that, when we put the hood on it felt really light, and it matched just right to the factory mounts. When I am going through parking lots I get lotz of looks (doesnt mean they are good looks) but a lot of people stare at my car now, and I really did it for the look, not to much for the performance of the hood, either way I think it gives it a very original look,

FYI- If any of you are in Southern California and want to smoke your tail lights my buddys can do it for free, I am taking mine in about 3 weeks, let me know I dont want to take more then three other people with me the first time, dont want him to think I free loading or anything LoL

·
Registered
117 Posts

scothand said:
I understand the point of getting a carbon fiber hood, I think. It's a lot less weight in metal sitting on the car. Anyone know the difference in weight?
What I don't know is why it's almost never painted to match. The CF hood on the black car just looks odd.
I would imagine that the only time you would want to paint over a carbon fiber anything is to disguise it. But for cruisin around the streets it is a point of pride to show off a carbon fiber hood - thats probably why you almost never see them painted! (unless there is a real scientific reason?? lol)

btw the hood looks good dude and Dragon didnt mean any offense when he told u about the spelling (it even says "No offense" right there in the post, hes just lookin out for u and ur sponsors)

anyways nice pic i wanna see more pics when you do the hatch and other mods!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have to say, I hate it. It almost blends with the black of the car making it look like a bad paint match. Something funcky about the stipple too, looks more like an SMC hood than carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts

The black CF on red looks good. I like how it's lined up with the grille.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i think its ugly, but i am intereste in how they are smoking your tailights...

does anyone think smokes tail lights on a UG would look at. has anyone come across any photos?

love,

miguels

·
Registered
747 Posts

^^^
"does anyone think smokes tail lights on a UG would look at."

I think I know what you mean, but I'm not quite sure...lol ::)javascript:void(0);

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
mygreyfast88 said:
i think its ugly, but i am intereste in how they are smoking your tailights...

does anyone think smokes tail lights on a UG would look at. has anyone come across any photos?

love,

miguels
Please change the bong water and get back to us. Thanks. [fish]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To smoke tail lights they use black paint, they just do light coats, then you decide how dark you want them, I think it looks really cool. I will post pics of process once I get it done.

I was at Car wash yesterday and a VW fan came over and said that the hood looks stock, I said thanks I guess. he said no no what I am saying is it looks really good. I said thanks and he asked if I would mind if he took a picture of it. I told him sure. So it would seem the picture doesnt do it to much justice but I am very happy with it. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't really like the CF hood; never have on any car. Smoked tails are a different story; post some pics when you get them done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For sure, as soon as I get it done I will post pics of before and after, I will also include the diffrent stages (like first coat to like say the forth coat) who knows how dark I will get it. Thank you everyone for your input on the hood. Just in case anyone is wondering about putting a CF hood on their fast one thing I was worried about was the factory winshied wippers fluid jets, well as it turns out the hood that www.seiboncarbon.com has all the mounts in just the right places, also it doesnt come with a latch, I reused the factory one and it all mounted up fine.(when I say I did, I mean the guy at the shop) I will also post pics with the hood up.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Keep in mind when you paint those lenses you run the risk of having to replace the entire fixture if/when you get a ticket for it. (Smoked lights are illegal in California.) Lamin-x makes an adhesive film that you can take off if you get poped by a piggy; you can get it installed for 50-60 bucks. New tail lights can be as high as about $600. But hey, once you have the un-tinted version too, you can just keep getting ticket after ticket and do the old swap-a-roo!! O0

1 - 20 of 29 Posts