Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the VW scene, but thought I would post my recent purchase up. I know it needs some work (it has some rust, I know, but I'm in WI) I bought the car as a beater, but I'm already tempted to mod it some. I do have a Bosal header on the way as the current one leaks. Previous owner did a cat-back exhaust and slotted rotors on the front. He put black duct tape on the back hatch to cover the rust.... I'm already looking for hatches, but CF ones are the only ones I can find, so I might get one in a couple of months. The badgeless grill is getting my attention over at black forest industries, so I will see how long I can hold off from purchasing that as I need to buy a few other things for it first. He also included some aftermarket rims, which will go on after I put some new tires on them, but winter tires are going on the OEM rims first. Enough talk, heres some pics I snapped today after a quick bath:

and the other rims:

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Check out junkyards for a hatch, etc. There's a ton of VW's in the junkyards around me.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Sweet car, by the way. What did you pick it up for?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
fu<k i was goin to say i wanted the wheels for my car

im already thinkin about some Raceland coils

i just got a mk3 today too. and have a mkiv

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
FK coilovers FTMFW!

I agree with cbursten on a side note, check for a local junkyard and see if they have a hatch, if not check www.vwvortex.com classifieds, people will ship hatch's it just costs a little bit of money.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
yea i FK would be nice but they are more going to see if i can get a good deal on some Koni coils from a buddy

but we will see where this car take me

most likely into more dept but ill try to control myself lol

and boosted this guys GTI is also a lug, i think im right

2.0 = 4 lug
VR6 = 5 lug

but i might be wrong

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I love the spare wheels you have (ones that are currently not pictured on the car).

Then VW needs help volcano, because your car is basically a golf, but the golf has a glovebox lol. I have the sunroof, I don't have the power windows but I do have power locks (will probably do a power windows install). Really isn't a whole lot of difference in the two. Mean you have the emblems and the taillights but mine look more "Euro" I think VW shoulda made all the GTi's 5 lug. Mistake on their behalf...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I'll let you know if I'm interested in selling the rims.
Good stuff.

Where are you located, there are some locals parting cars and what not so we have several rust free hatch's around here...

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I love the spare wheels you have (ones that are currently not pictured on the car).

Then VW needs help volcano, because your car is basically a golf, but the golf has a glovebox lol. I have the sunroof, I don't have the power windows but I do have power locks (will probably do a power windows install). Really isn't a whole lot of difference in the two. Mean you have the emblems and the taillights but mine look more "Euro" I think VW shoulda made all the GTi's 5 lug. Mistake on their behalf...
those are the ones i like too and i have the same wheels on my GTI that he has on his

i dont know its weird how i dont have a glove box. do you know which # in the vin would tell you if its a golf or gti?

i agree with the gti should have been 5 lug and the golf 4.

i also want to do a power window swap. all the 2.0 i looked at had manual window and the vr6 had power. think the only 2.0 i saw with power was a Wolf...

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
what are the spec on them. size, offset, tires and amount of thread left

post them on vwvortex if you want to sell them

i like them but you too far to get them.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Oh I don't have any budget for wheels at this very moment, I wish I did. I have a spare set of 18" ASA's sitting around collecting dust because they're 5x112.

But offset and tread depth would let me know whether I had to lowball or not. Plus i'd want ya to mount them on the car just so I can see how they sit :p

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
neither do i but i like them cuz they are like the Schmidt Revolution VN Line

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.