Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was heading onto the freeway from the city and I hear this ridiculously LOUD exhaust coming up from behind. I was thinking it was some older Honda or some other clunker with a bad exhaust, but as he pulled up next to me it was that stupid looking yellow Chevy Cobalt. He had some Faggie looking spoiler on the back too. It made me chuckle. Anyways, the light turns green and he pulls ahead, I take a look at his exhaust to make sure it was what I was hearing and he had one of those ridiculously huge tips, like one on a ricer, protruding out from under his car. Looked BAD, horrilbe. Anyways, we get to the light right before the Freeway on ramp and the Red/ Green light is on, you know the one that tries to dictate the flow of traffic getting onto the freeway (the one that works really for racing some guy off the line). He is a few cars behind me at the light so I let a few cars in the left lane go ahead of me making those behind me wait. I know, I am a dick!! So he gets next to me and I give him the look, that many of you have given many other "fast wanna be's" and he acknowledges. The on ramp at this point is at the base of a hill and now we got to go up it. The light turns green, and by the way I am in DSG with ESP off, and I gun it, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, I am doing about 70 at this point and he is a good 4 car lenghts behind me. We got off the line about even but he just couldn't keep up with my shifts. Thank you DSG. I slow down a little and he comes barreling up behind me, I give the throttle a good punch and were off again, he starts to catch up, hes about half way to my passenger door, at this point we are at the top of the hill going under an overpass, and I floor it, he just couldn't keep up, 4th, 5th now he slowed down and doesn't even want any more.
Sooo, For anyone who was wondering if the Cobalt could beat us, I would say NOPE.
He stayed about 10 car lenghts back until I took my exit, I haven't seen him again, and he's probably glad.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
very doubtful... the cobalt SS Supercharged has almost the same specs as us as far as power and torque and they are lighter and they have a supercharger which = constant flow of power.

it's too bad they are american.

·
Registered
573 Posts
And BTW, I had one riding my ass the other day to exit the highway, so I nailed it around the off ramp, he tried to hang, but ran off the road. those are the moments you wish you had you camera with you. that was the hardest I have pushed my car yet, and pretty sure I would have been off the road too if it were not for a modified suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Gunny said:
WTF. Being American makes it bad? You either like it or not. I like it but its American is an idiotic statement. [help]
Haha... i was joking. Nothing wrong with american cars... i just feel that american cars haven't lived up to their glory days of american muscle. Some of my favorite cars consist of the Chevy Corvette, Camero SS, Nova SS, Chevelle SS.. Plymouths, Dodge, etc, etc.. great cars.

When I said "Too bad they're american" I meant it in the same sense as if I were to say to a Honda, "Too bad they're Japanese"... just emphasizing the love I feel for my German car.

Americans/Japanese car makers are very good at what they do. So I hope I didn't offend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well i have to say i
kryptonkid07 said:
it's too bad they are american.
i have to say i agree with that statement. besides the corvette and maybe some of the high end mustangs, i cant think of one well built car.

ford has completely ruined icons like the jaguar by making it look more like a town and country that what a jag is supposed to be. I pray each year that some american company is going to come out with something good. they look good in concept, but when they get here, it makes me want to shoot myself. the only company of the old big 3 thats is at least heading in the right way is chevy

but then again this is just the way i see it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.