Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed today that right above my drivers door handle there is a DING. my car is brand new and now it has to live the rest of its life with a door ding? my gf said that the car wash can do ding removal. is this true??, i dont know if a want to trust a car wash to remove the ding. Any one out there have any advice to remove the ding myself , or do i have to have night mares about his for the rest of my cars life? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
GTI guy said:
i just noticed today that right above my drivers door handle there is a DING. my car is brand new and now it has to live the rest of its life with a door ding? my gf said that the car wash can do ding removal. is this true??, i dont know if a want to trust a car wash to remove the ding. Any one out there have any advice to remove the ding myself , or do i have to have night mares about his for the rest of my cars life? Thanks in advance
There are a few companies that specialize in dent removal. Ask your dealership who they recommend.

·
Registered
747 Posts
yea now get your hands on some dry ice... The only place I know is my chem lab and even doing that could get me into some serious trouble

·
Registered
747 Posts
10bv01 said:
You can buy it at a grocery store here in Dallas... at least I think I've seen it before.
what?? damn ... I'm not gonna lie and its going to sound dorky but I think dry ice is really cool...but that might just be me ... (Chemistry Major)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
mattabaziou said:
10bv01 said:
You can buy it at a grocery store here in Dallas... at least I think I've seen it before.
what?? damn ... I'm not gonna lie and its going to sound dorky but I think dry ice is really cool...but that might just be me ... (Chemistry Major)
As a computer geek- I have lots of canned air and a heat gun ;D

·
Registered
96 Posts
lmunz22 said:
cool video but dents are different from dings.. i dont think this would work on a ding.. id like to know if anyone knows how to get rid of a ding - i hate them!

and oh ya, here in michigan we can buy dry ice at the grocery store as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.