Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find out why when I run my vin # my 02 gti comes up as a 337, but its not, or was it? I have a 5 speed tranny 17in stock rims. but has the body 337 body kit. Is there any way to tell for sure or should I just go by the vin? Tell me what yall think.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
it has to be

- silver

- aluminum interior trim

- recaro seats

- no sunroof

- 6 spd transmission

to be a 337

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
same here

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I found some info saying it was silver like volcano said, but then why would the vin say 337? The title is clear and there are no signs saying that it was tampered with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
if the 337 is the 20th anniversary then they do come with a sunroof because my uncle has one.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
if the 337 is the 20th anniversary then they do come with a sunroof because my uncle has one.
theyre 2 different cars. they are basically the same, except for the rims, sunroof and the year it came out. i THINK thats it but someone correct me if im wrong

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
ok I found some info saying it was silver like volcano said, but then why would the vin say 337? The title is clear and there are no signs saying that it was tampered with.
does the vin say 337 or is that the model associated with it? Because my MSP was associated to the 337, even by insurance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the 337 and the 20th ae are two completely different models i have a 337 and my buddy has a 20th there completely different for one the 337 is from 02 and the 20th is from 03

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
the 337 and the 20th ae are two completely different models i have a 337 and my buddy has a 20th there completely different for one the 337 is from 02 and the 20th is from 03
they are the same car, just different year and different options

only difference would be the sunroof and color and wheels

then interior wise is the same and performance too

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was actually wondering the same thing as my VIN also comes up as a 337, but my guess is it's not a 337, since my GTI is black with none of the special features

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine comes up as a 337 too... but I don't have much if any of the amenities that associate the car with being an anniversary edition.

I wonder if the 337 designation effects the cost of insurance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
gti vs golf affects insurance costage

1 - 20 of 22 Posts