Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, about halfway through my shower, my mom knocked on the bathroom door and told me that I needed to get out immedeately because she had started a fire in the kitchen. I panicked, jumped out of the shower, put on sweatpants (backwards) and a shirt (inside out) and ran out of the house. About 10 minutes later the fire department arrived and went in to deal with the fire (which was actually contained in the oven). After 5 minutes they came out and said that they couldn't put the fire out and they needed to access the circuit box so they could cut power to the oven. About this time, the police chief, a town cop, and a state trooper rolled up. This caused serious concern for me because my car (the subject of a fair few articles in the police blotter) was sitting in the driveway. After about 20 fearful minutes, the fireman extinguished the fire and the cops left. When we went back inside, the entire kitchen was covered in a layer of dust from the fire extinguisher and the house smelled like smoke. Luckily nobody was hurt and nothing other than the oven was damaged.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, glad everyone and the house is okay! What was she cooking in the oven?
she was going to start cooking dinner. she turned it on and the fire immedeately sparked up

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Last night, about halfway through my shower, my mom knocked on the bathroom door and told me that I needed to get out immedeately because she had started a fire in the kitchen. I panicked, jumped out of the shower, put on sweatpants (backwards) and a shirt (inside out) and ran out of the house. About 10 minutes later the fire department arrived and went in to deal with the fire (which was actually contained in the oven). After 5 minutes they came out and said that they couldn't put the fire out and they needed to access the circuit box so they could cut power to the oven. About this time, the police chief, a town cop, and a state trooper rolled up. This caused serious concern for me because my car (the subject of a fair few articles in the police blotter) was sitting in the driveway. After about 20 fearful minutes, the fireman extinguished the fire and the cops left. When we went back inside, the entire kitchen was covered in a layer of dust from the fire extinguisher and the house smelled like smoke. Luckily nobody was hurt and nothing other than the oven was damaged.
Care to enlighten us about this part? Could be more interesting than the fire,,,,,

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Care to enlighten us about this part? Could be more interesting than the fire,,,,,
I'm in for details...

You should probably stick to take out. AAAAAND...Why the hell couldn't the fire department put the fire out the first time?

Haha. NY, not the midwest.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is a really nice road a few miles away from my house. one day my friend and I had the brilliant idea to race down the entire road (like 10 miles). being a pretty main road, there are typically people on it. this had no effect on us and we just passed everyone. multiple drivers called 911 and apparently a few people that live along the road also called 911. now our town cops aren't exactly the finest, we typically have 2 on duty, one patrolling and one at the station. they alternate 12 hour shifts so we have a grand total of 4 cops in the town. somehow a "police emergency" was declared and all 4 cops, the police chief, and 2 state troopers converged on the road about 20 mins after we finished. that was the biggest one. other than that it's just a LOT of stupid stuff.... people don't appreciate the use of the handbrake on public roads

·
Registered
120 Posts
there is a really nice road a few miles away from my house. one day my friend and I had the brilliant idea to race down the entire road (like 10 miles). being a pretty main road, there are typically people on it. this had no effect on us and we just passed everyone. multiple drivers called 911 and apparently a few people that live along the road also called 911. now our town cops aren't exactly the finest, we typically have 2 on duty, one patrolling and one at the station. they alternate 12 hour shifts so we have a grand total of 4 cops in the town. somehow a "police emergency" was declared and all 4 cops, the police chief, and 2 state troopers converged on the road about 20 mins after we finished. that was the biggest one. other than that it's just a LOT of stupid stuff.... people don't appreciate the use of the handbrake on public roads
haha that's a lot of cops. Were you guys just hanging out along that road when they came and they caught you? I feel like after something like that I would have been long gone from the scene

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha that's a lot of cops. Were you guys just hanging out along that road when they came and they caught you? I feel like after something like that I would have been long gone from the scene
we were long gone. we took a different car to scout out the road after we had finished. my car stayed in the garage for a solid week.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts