My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am have an 07 gti with H&r sport springs for about two weeks and all of a sudden i am getting a squeeking noise out of my front left wheel..what could it be

·
Registered
635 Posts
well I know brake pads squeek when they need to be changed so could be that...maybe struts? but well when u brake...makes it sound like its the brakes making the noise...try taking it to a tire shop and have them check the pads...pretty much anyone can do it..I know Midas is hella cheap...should be cheap to look at abd cheap to fix...but since ur GTI is still under warranty have them check it...I know it usually takes 40-90 to check something out and then up from there to fix

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah, based on the info so far, it could be a strut valve, bad brake pads, or even just a piece of sand or grit in the caliper. If it happens occasionally when the strut compresses and/or expands, take a look at the suspension. If it happens while cruising on flat road, check the brake and hub.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it cant be my brakes i have 3000 miles on the car if it is i am really going to be pissed thanks guys

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's why there are warranties

Buying any car, new or used, runs the risk of error...either human, mechanical, computer, or otherwise

Maybe your Fast demon is not happy?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have also had my front left tire make a "squeeking" noise. It is quite annoying and comes from time to time. Here's what i did to solve it :

Bend down and look at your brake rotors, you'll notice a thin peice of metal sticking out from behind the rotor. Take a screw driver or some other similar device, and push in slightly on the metal behind the rotor, bending it a little away from the rotor. Do this all around the rotor. You'll have to push fairly hard on it to get it to bend. Bend it back about a quarter to a half an inch.

then let me know if this solves the problem, b/c it solved mine

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the same sound as drvitlkeyustolit and fixed it the same way. Just to check if it's the same problem, try pushing on the top of the wheel in toward the center of the car instead of pushing the car up and down like it's a shock or strut problem. If it squeeks, I think it's just the brake caliper shim. You can also get a pair of needlenose pliers in there and work the shim out a little.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I had a weird sqeeking noise last night, during a dark rainy night. Just started all of a sudden while I was driving. Was really hard to see at that time if anything was wrong. THought I had a flat but tires were fine. When I tried the car this morning it was gone completely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I brought my car into the dealer and it turned out to be a bad bearing might be whats wrong with yours let me know

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
My car seems to be making a creaking noise when I steer at really low speeds. Like coming out of my driveway... is this normal?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Car and Driver (not sure of the magazine completely) had tested the Audi A3 for 40,000 miles and they claimed that the only problem they had was the passenger side wheel bearing. They had to have it replaced at like 35,000 miles. Other than that, they said everything was great about the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I think I made the mistake of driving the car about 2000 miles with an unbalanced wheel which not one tire shop seemed to be able to fix. I think I f*&#ked up my bearing that way. But of course I brought it to a shop in Scottsdale during a road trip and the guy was a total ass and told me that he would clean the brakes which would take care of the problem. I told him once again "it doesn't squeak when I'm breaking just when I'm rolling up to 40MPH"sure enough he blew me off and said don't worry about it kid it wont squeak any more. I really think that half of the VW dealers I know should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. And yes,of course it still squeaks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.