Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my lugs backed out, stripping my hub threads. So I go to the Dealership in town and they quote me $264 on a hub. Seeing as how my father replaced the hub in his S10 for $30, this seems a bit high to me... The parts fella explained that there are four PR's for my GTi model, '04. He said mine was neither of them! Which was the cause of the pretty penny added. My question is does this sound right at all? I know the PR's matter, but how much? Why isn't my car a PR?
I've found them online for as low as $50... But if it's not gunna be the right one I don't wanna waste my time or money.

P.S. I have done research but nothing of this exact nature really turns up. Just explanations on what PR's are and quotes on the labor..

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
What do you mean PR? LOL

Anywho, any MKIV wheelhub will work for your car. Just be specific on VR6 5 speed (wasn't even made in your year, VR6 6 speed, 1.8T 5 speed, 1.8T 6 speed.

There is also a technique to properly do this. Don't forget you will need a new bearing also.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
All you need is a me hub and bearing

Think mjmautohaus them pretty cheap. That is where I got my parts from.

Just make sure it's for a 6 speed

Also what is PR?

Tapatalk This

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Its the serial part numbers Volkswagens are made from. Apparently its supposed TLS matter when buying parts, but as I thought, its somewhat of a dealer tactic to rip you off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts