Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hey hi. I'm new here. Not sure if I'm completely incompetent at reading and missed the intros or if I just get down to the annoying posts and questions like a noob. Any who. Onward.

So I have an 01 awp in a tt. Ya this is a gti forum. Hoping for good knowledge from the 1.8t crowd.

Started life as a awp. I got bored one day after I struck a deal for two aeb heads for 60$ so I bought em. Started buying gaskets and such whilst at work. Pulled the awp head off and picked up one head from machine shop and slapped her on along with 034 high flow exhaust manifold. I don't want emissions. I don't want sai. He'll. I don't want power steering and ac. On the aeb head I used the hydraulic tensioner of the aeb instead of the awp tensioner that I hear are prone to failure more so. And since it seems to be used during warm up any way. Again for emissions. Should be aight. Right?
She was a bone stock tt before all of this and ran great. If you count re routed waste gate reference line to intake to see constant vacuum. Externals print added to waste gate. And diode mod with boost peaking at 25 psi and tapering down on stock tune. Monitored with boost guage. Wideband 02 guage. And multiple timing, maf, fuel trim, logs via vcds. No issues what so ever. Normal day would still give up to 4* timing. On a 50/50 mix of 93 octane and 110 octane it would give up to 16* timing I believe it was. Still stock tune.

I guess this is where I go all noobtard.

No sai. Just a cel right?
No vvt tensioner. Rough idle till warm right?

I know tuners will code them out. But I don't have time for that just yet. And I haven't hit The key yet since I'm mid timing belt install.
Thanks. Hope not to be burned with flames.

Would it help if i said i drove it home for 400$?

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought with the sai. I could go the cheap route and buy the sai delete resistor kit from a site I have book marked. Pretty sure they sell a vvt resistor plug for them as well. Might work out till I stop being so cheap with this car. Hmm

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha. Well I ordered some 10 watt 330 ohm resistors while at work last night. Headed out to the car now to finish up the timing belt and other things. Maybe fire it up and try to talk myself out of putting nitrous on it as well... since I have a brand new wet kit laying around...

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car runs alright. Got gas and drove it for a while being nice to it. Went to make some boost and then I remembered why there was a check valve between in the vacuum booster line.... Whoops. Started with 10 cel codes. Down to 5 now. Lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.