Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its been about a month since getting the FK Streetline coils. Never had coils , i was all excited to get them.. When i put them on they rubbed like a Mother F'er in the back of the front tire it was right up on the coil, i wasn't all the way down, about stock level so right away i was like damn now i have to get spacers. i finally got spacers 8 in the Front 10 in the Back it helped but still had rubbing issues now in the front of the tire since i was going for a nice tucked look with no stretch in the tire :mad: .

I wasn't to thrilled especially when you dont expect to budget your self accordingly to encounter these issues. I went and got the fronts rolled huge difference not having rubbing issues only if im on the highway and i hit a bump when the car compress it rubs.. As for the ride and for not being all the way down, im adjusted to be right above the tire and im super bouncy and soft.. To be honest my stock spring that came with the car 20Ae ride and handle much better..

Im starting to get use to it but honestly i was expecting them to be a bit stiffer... They look great but if you like to drive like i do then i would recommend saving up and getting a better set. If you ride slow,like to dodge pot holes and show off, then i would say go for it there good. Over all i would give the a 6-10 for the price and all the extra $hit you have to add to them.. Not to mention having to get a suspension refresh and a alignment If you want to get it done right.. (which i haven't done yet) might be a little different after that..
Hope this helps a little if your in the market for coils

·
Registered
723 Posts
so you really don't like them?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I think stiffer suspension = "bouncy" ride. Nothing will be as comfortable as the stock suspension. It's one of the sacrifices of going low. My only complaint with the Streetlines is they're noisy. I'm assuming it's the springs binding, but I could also have bad strut mounts/bearings

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think stiffer suspension = "bouncy" ride. Nothing will be as comfortable as the stock suspension. It's one of the sacrifices of going low. My only complaint with the Streetlines is they're noisy. I'm assuming it's the springs binding, but I could also have bad strut mounts/bearings
well im definitely not getting streetlines now

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
well im definitely not getting streetlines now
Lol they're not bad. I have nothing to compare them to, but I don't think the ride is as bad as he says. Mine didn't require spacers, but I have a mkvi, so could be some differences there.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Lol they're not bad. I have nothing to compare them to, but I don't think the ride is as bad as he says. Mine didn't require spacers, but I have a mkvi, so could be some differences there.
i guess they got their sh1t together for the mkvi

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldnt say there bad especially for the price range. I guess i was just expecting something different considering i never had coils before. (Had higher expectations ) The more i drive with the adjustments to them the better the car feels, the rolled fenders made a HUGE difference. Just wasn't expecting to have to do all this extra crap..

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well if you're stock strut mounts/bearings weren't bad before the coils, I know they wear out pretty quickly with them on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My FK's held up Very Good !! and are a great buy for the $$ - 30k later and left front is leaking - so NOT bad at all, Not having a good time finding replacement dampers to rebuild them.
Bought them thru NGP , Big mistake and have not given them one dollar since - Wanted my FK's overnighted and paid a fist full of $ to ship, They sent them out ground and no refund offered.
As ride goes - it's a lowered vehicle and of course it's a &#%@& ride, as most after market setup's are esp. static, But take her into a corner and mash the gas = FUN !!!! and if I change any major component in my suspension an alignment is required - My 2 cents worth Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts