My Fast GTi banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everybody-

I'm a new member here at Myfastgti and i thought i should tell some fellow gti owners what a great car they have. This past saturday i got into a head-on/side-swipe collision with a MB ML320. The front driver side axle of my '07 black magic dsg mkV was totally ripped off, my wheel torn to pieces. The majority of the collision was on my (the driver's) side, so almost the entire door was torn. The window was massacred, one would guess that the window was in fact down. Me and the passenger (my sister) are both nearly perfectly fine, with only minor scratches and bruises. This car saved my and my sister's life and I am very grateful to it. Buy this car, it's a blast to drive and will save your life if god for bid you find yourself in the situation I was. Pictures to follow perhaps tomorrow.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can't imagine what that was like. I was so rattled after i just rear ended a lady. I couldn't imagine being in an accident like that. I'm glad to hear you are okay.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Although that is rather misfortunate, I am more pissed about what happened to my Fast. I only had it for 1 week before someone thought it would be cute to carve "XOX" into my hood. It is too deep to be buffed out and will cost $600 to get it repainted. That's the same price as a new carbon fiber hood. What should I do? My insurance deductable is $500.

An accident is an accident. Shit happens. But this was more of a personal attack on me and my Fast. I'm getting steamed up over it just typing about it.

*note: In saying, "shit happens", I don't mean to downplay the seriousness of the accident with whom the original post involved. I am sincerley happy that you are okay.

·
Registered
79 Posts
to ESilverSki you are so lucky you had your fast there to protect you glad your ok and for MicMoor77 i think you should find the person that carved XOX on your ride and carve the same in their forehead >:D, man would i be pissed

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Sounds like something a psycho ex would do.... my previous ride was a Blazer Xtreme and my ex scraped it with a flathead screwdriver from gas cap to headlight. they never found her body >:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
i also crashed my gti, no air bags went off, maybe going 15 when i hit, 80 down to 15 really saved it, the car is amazing, 5-8K in damages, almost was wrecked, will get pics in a few months, before and after pics

·
Registered
4 Posts
my fast got attacked too, someone decided it would be funny to shoot my rear window, its cost me 360 dollars to repair it, and it was a friedns body shop. all the other places wanted over 500

·
Registered
321 Posts
WTF is wrong with people that they have to go mess with someone else's shyt? I would rather them steal my car and take it out joyriding. At least then I would know they were doing it because they wanted to experience my fast too. But to vandalize someone's car just for the hell of it? Why? What do they get out of it? It pisses me off to no end. I still have those damn scratches on my hood. Every time I see them I get furious. :'(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody for the replies.....yea the airbags were pretty thourough but even though the window was destroyed the side air bags didnt go off curiously..... when the airbag comes out of the steering wheel the plastic cracks in four places...very interesting....pictures may take a while i havent decided when im going back the to the lot where the car is stored and its pending insurance adjustment so we'll see when i post them but hopefully itll be soon. if anybody else has questions about getting into an accident in this car (i guess if its not creepy or anything) feel free to ask

·
Registered
556 Posts
ESilverSki said:
if anybody else has questions about getting into an accident in this car (i guess if its not creepy or anything) feel free to ask
Dangit....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts