Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
It's got potential, but the thick borders between the panels on the main photo makes it a little disorienting. I dig the photo and the overall layout, and it makes sense; it just made me dizzy to look at at first.
Busy is okay, but it has to be more elegant. I agree with BFP, I would eliminate the thick tubing and just let the squares float. You could also use a honeycomb pattern, like the GTI grill - but maybe that is too obvious.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I agree that honeycomb would look cool. Maybe a little subdued and not so bold. That pic is badass.

What if you featured a member's GTI on the front page? Sort of like a photo of the month type deal... just a thought.

Anyway, I assume it's a work in progress. As of now, it's a little too gaudy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also agree that the layout is too busy. I'd recommend making the design elegent, simple, and feel very refined and fast - just like the cars.

My 60 second take on the concept:

It's not great, but I think it feels more like a GTI than the blocky jumble of shapes.

//constructive criticism

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
scothand said:
I also agree that the layout is too busy. I'd recommend making the design elegent, simple, and feel very refined and fast - just like the cars.

My 60 second take on the concept:

It's not great, but I think it feels more like a GTI than the blocky jumble of shapes.

//constructive criticism
^^^ How about the above, but add the honeycomb as a background fade- use the honeycomb at the bottom for the buttons.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Please don't take any offense to this, but it needs to be changed. We have a very well organized forum here, and I don't think that the front page is representative of that. It needs to be kept simple and classy. Some people may be turned off by the front page, to be brutally honest, and with all due respect, anything is better than what we have currently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts