My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Dragon you sly bastard. Haha. I don't know, I just felt like saying that. [fish]

Did you see my thread? I ordered the carbon fiber shift plate. I didn't have enough dough for the trim.

Oh another question: Did yours come from Hong Kong? I had like 6 stamps and my package came from Hong Kong. Pretty cool. I wanna get the rest done.

Does all of it stick on the way the shift plate did?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kryptonkid07 said:
Dragon you sly bastard. Haha. I don't know, I just felt like saying that. [fish]

Did you see my thread? I ordered the carbon fiber shift plate. I didn't have enough dough for the trim.

Oh another question: Did yours come from Hong Kong? I had like 6 stamps and my package came from Hong Kong. Pretty cool. I wanna get the rest done.

Well, the trim for the stereo is on back order and yes they licked a lot of stamps...

The trim pieces are tabbed and the just click into place.

I don't think I'll do the center console "oh shit" handles, but I wish they made CF interior door releases. :-\

Other than the one piece that didn't quite fit- the rest was pretty much plug and play. O0

I'm also thinking of getting their hood. I think the UG painted like this would be nice:

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Carbon Fibre doesn't come cheap though. I'm lucky they used Tornado Red car cause I know exactly how it would look on my car. ;)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
kryptonkid07 said:

Well, the trim for the stereo is on back order and yes they licked a lot of stamps...

The trim pieces are tabbed and the just click into place.

I don't think I'll do the center console "oh poop" handles, but I wish they made CF interior door releases. :-\

Other than the one piece that didn't quite fit- the rest was pretty much plug and play. O0

I'm also thinking of getting their hood. I think the UG painted like this would be nice:

Damn it!!! Will you just stop already? I swear I'm gonna get a freakin' divorce!!!

By the way, I almost chocked on my "water" when I saw the detector....Bwaaaaa!!!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I don't have the same kind of ticket deterrent system as good as yours >:D
RADAR wise it's great. LIDAR wise- at least I'll know what I was painted at.

Next- I'm getting the beartracker installed- it alerts you to CHP's mobile extenders and your proximity to them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
Sorry, I don't have the same kind of ticket deterrent system as good as yours >:D

Next- I'm getting the beartracker installed- it alerts you to CHP's mobile extenders and your proximity to them.
Beartracker....That is a new one on me...I think I'll look into it

Fu_king CHiPies

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
22350 said:
Dragon said:

Beartracker....That is a new one on me...I think I'll look into it

Fu_king CHiPies
http://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=22

If you are really hardcore it can be integrated with a GPS systems for location based scanning, which turns off and on channels based on your co-ordinates.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey dragon, was the the 2d or 4d trim inserts? thinkin about getting the trim inserts pretty soon so I want to know what looks better, thanks bro

·
Registered
635 Posts
what looks better btwn the four door inserts and two door inserts? they are exactly the same but the 4 door has more pieces since it has...well...2 more doors....if you have a 2 door GTI get the 2 door set and the same for 4 door....obviously...was that what you were talking about VWredrocket07?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VWredrocket07 said:
hey dragon, was the the 2d or 4d trim inserts? thinkin about getting the trim inserts pretty soon so I want to know what looks better, thanks bro
The make both LHD/RHD and 2 and 4 door kits. >:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dragon, Off topic but....how do you like the dsg? I'm torn between the MT and DSG. I test drove a dsg and liked it but I've always had a stick. Sweet shifts, especially the downshifts. My ride is a 97 Maxima SE 5spd and I do love it (H&Rs and Tociko Illuminas...sweet). My son says I'd be a "girlie-man" if I didn't get a stick....geeeesh. Cheers

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
zagato27 said:
Dragon, Off topic but....how do you like the dsg? I'm torn between the MT and DSG. I test drove a dsg and liked it but I've always had a stick. Sweet shifts, especially the downshifts. My ride is a 97 Maxima SE 5spd and I do love it (H&Rs and Tociko Illuminas...sweet). My son says I'd be a "girlie-man" if I didn't get a stick....geeeesh. Cheers

1 - 20 of 33 Posts