Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

MY DEALERSHIP STILL HAS A FAHRENHEIT!! SHOULD I BUY IT?

9K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  09GTIGuy 
#1 ·
My guys still have a brand new 07 fahrenheit GTI...do you think it's worth the extra 4 grand? Do you think the car will hold value better than a "standard" GTI? I don't know...it's a limited edition and all, but the only way I'll put up with that color is if it'd be worth it financially...Input, comments please?

#2 ·
its a toss up at best. There will be more a lot more ORANGE cars in the next 5 years, but I've seen hot colors turn very cold then turn hot again. If you're looking for a vehicle for an investment, buy a 68 plymouth road runner with a 440 or a classic Ferrari. You probably will not recoup the 4000 difference in resale value. This will be a great buy when they start coming back in as used though. I predict it will probably go for about $750 more than a regular GTI.
ff

#3 ·
Fast Freddie said:
its a toss up at best. There will be more a lot more ORANGE cars in the next 5 years, but I've seen hot colors turn very cold then turn hot again. If you're looking for a vehicle for an investment, buy a 68 plymouth road runner with a 440 or a classic Ferrari. You probably will not recoup the 4000 difference in resale value. This will be a great buy when they start coming back in as used though. I predict it will probably go for about $750 more than a regular GTI.
ff
Wow Freddie,
I definately would've predicted more myself. I'm taking a cue from the R32 however, where the car is worth the same 3 years down the road as it is now, just because of the fact that only 5000 have been and will ever be made. Plus the orange stitching on the interior is great looking. Awesome advice though... I may still buy it however hahah. It's a v-dub thing...you understand.

#4 ·
I own Fahrenheit #466, and I love the car. I didn't buy it with any thought whatsoever about it being an investment. I bought it because I liked it, and I'd let that be the motivating force. If you like the Red, or silver, etc. just as much, and you can get it cheaper, I'd probably go that route. You save money, and 4 years down the road, you may be ahead of the game.

I like orange, and I like the GTI, so that was easy enough for me to decide.

Good luck.

#5 ·
Yeah Prostseattle. I'm actually a former owner... 06' GTI MK V...I like a dumbass traded it for a G35 Coupe. Bad move on my part. But I need to get back in one, so I think I'll take the FH.

#6 ·
ProstSeattle said:
I own Fahrenheit #466, and I love the car. I didn't buy it with any thought whatsoever about it being an investment. I bought it because I liked it, and I'd let that be the motivating force. If you like the Red, or silver, etc. just as much, and you can get it cheaper, I'd probably go that route. You save money, and 4 years down the road, you may be ahead of the game.

I like orange, and I like the GTI, so that was easy enough for me to decide.

Good luck.
I have #1113

I tried to reason with myself if i needed to spend the extra dough too ( for the limited edition ) and in the end, my kids made the decision for me, they LOVED the orange color and the orange piping on the inside and when i thought of it as me purchasing something i wanted, i couldnt talk myself out of it, it was a done deal.

The fact is...you have a car that only 1199 other people in the U.S.A have ...sure there are plenty of Vdub MKV's out there, but in your city...Maybe a couple orange ones, maybe its just you. The point is you arent gonna be pulling up to a light on any given day and look over to see the exact same car - you bought yourself some exclusivity and in this world nowadays thats worth the price of admission in my book.

I have had mine a week and i have never had such a relationship with a car before, whatever VW does to make us feel that way, they have discovered how to do what every other car manufacturer couldnt do to me - make me fall in love with driving all over again.

Remember when you were 16 and even if your car was the biggest pos in the world, you couldnt wait to get in it and just goooo...im 39 now and after driving a few million miles, i had lost that feeling a long time ago ( i drive about 80k miles a year for my photography ) when i got my fahrenheit...all that and more came rushing back to me and ill bet my FAST that you are feeling the same way right now...Congrats on #466 you have yourself some fun :)

#8 ·
Haha ...i knew it!

Yup, i have a 2005 durango hemi limited as my "transportation", i feel like a pimp who doesnt pay any attention to the older more used up girl in my stable, when i look at her i think...yea you were ridden hard and put away wet, but you just dont have that special something anymore... hell, the durango sits outside in the driveway now too while my fahrenheit gets center garage position, i even drive it in and park it at a slight angle so it looks like its in a showroom.

Volkswagen " Its the new crack "

Whatever they did to make me feel this way, i hope they dont ever lose it.

#11 ·
I live in Vegas and i havent even seen a gallardo yet ...

i think it would be cool if VW made a commercial where the fahrenheit pulls up next to a gallardo and while they talk about all the features of the VW...its 5 star safety rating and the sport tuned suspension ...all wheel ABS, ESP, Leather interior, DSG transmission with a 200 HP Turbo and then mention the Lambo orange paint at the end...then show that Gallardo blasting off the line as the light changes with some wide eyed crazy italian driving it and pan to the guy driving the fahrenheit...he looks in his rearview mirrow through the interior to his little girl safely buckled in a child seat and smiles as he pulls away.

"Volkswagen - just because you drive a safe car, doesnt mean you have to look like you do"

#12 ·
I agree about feeling good about driving again.

I'm coming out of a 15 year old Toyota Camry. I find myself going a little overboard on this car though. I'm thinking of ordering up some coffee mugs that are stainless with orange rubber, and then having FAHRENHEIT printed on them, because I can't stand the clashing of my blue coffee mug in my orange car. That's just whack.

Anyway, I haven't done this yet, becuase I need to order a minimum of 50 of 'em. I don't lose that many coffee mugs.

#13 ·
ProstSeattle said:

I'm coming out of a 15 year old Toyota Camry. I find myself going a little overboard on this car though. I'm thinking of ordering up some coffee mugs that are stainless with orange rubber, and then having FAHRENHEIT printed on them, because I can't stand the clashing of my blue coffee mug in my orange car. That's just whack.

Anyway, I haven't done this yet, becuase I need to order a minimum of 50 of 'em. I don't lose that many coffee mugs.
:D :D ;D

#14 ·
ProstSeattle said:

Order the mugs, and sell them here (give FF a cut). To match your new mug, I would go to the tanning beds and get a nice orange fake bake O0

#15 ·
I have done photography for ogio, i asked them to trade out some swag for some photos and asked if they had any orange and black bags (backpacks) so when i go on a hike or to the skatepark with my kids everything will match, even looking into some custom orange vans shoes.

The stickers i have for my website www.TonyScavo.com ( shameless plug ) are orange as well but i dont have the heart to sell out my ride by putting one of them on.

I draw the line at an orange baseball cap - wont do it.

Gotta keep telling myself...im 39...im 39....im 39

Its freakin addictive ... Hey Dragon, how much difference did the P flo make? I am ordering the Neuspeed CAI next week ( first mod ) and wanted to maybe get the P flo as well - suggestions /comments? I dont want any warrenty issues yet, but eventually ill go with the APR stage 1 as well - want to keep the reliability factor as much as possible with the most gains possible from mods - fine line i know.

#16 ·
TOE_FAST said:
Its freakin addictive ... Hey Dragon, how much difference did the P flo make? I am ordering the Neuspeed CAI next week ( first mod ) and wanted to maybe get the P flo as well - suggestions /comments? I dont want any warrenty issues yet, but eventually ill go with the APR stage 1 as well - want to keep the reliability factor as much as possible with the most gains possible from mods - fine line i know.
Sorry to get off topic-

Where do you live? Do you get a lot of rain or standing water there? If the answer is no, get the full kit with the engine cover and the open/scooped fog light grills ( http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=1500 ). You can convert the kit during winter time to a p-flow by getting a second filter O0

I kept the filter that comes from the kit and keep that as my spare. The guys at Genesis Engineering in Concord, CA got the BMC double cone filter. Turns out it's the same filter for the GT3 8)

So how much HP? My ButtDyno™ says maybe 10 or so HP with the above config. O0

#17 ·
I live in Vegas, hardly any rain and if it does rain i have a 2nd car so i could basically keep the full kit on fulltime and have little concerns of hydro lock from standing water. If its just raining and the roads are wet, is that enough to cause hydro lock or do you have to physically submerge the lower front of the car and filter to get hydro lock?

I dont like the CF neuspeed cover, i wanted to trim my stock cover like lumms and a few others did ( but trim mine with the fahrenheit orange paint - still dont know how much paint i would need and the cost so that option might be out as i have heard 600 bucks a quart for that lambo paint ) Although it could look pretty sick if i painted the CF cover in lambo orange and let some of the CF show through, if done well that might look pretty cool.

Would the full kit fit if i just trimmed the existing cover?

Sorry to get off topic, Thanks for the advice though.

#19 ·
Taking your advice, gonna go with the P-flo air intake kit with the race series cold air extension ( since vegas gets almost no rain and were in a drought anyway ) but i just cant get myself to like the CF neuspeed engine cover and so far i cant come up with an idea to blend lambo paint and CF coming through to make it look much better - maybe something will come to me later, but ill probly trim and paint the stocker with the lambo orange instead. Orange and CF in my mind sounds like a good combo, they have the CF eyelids and CF front grill which could be a nice hint of what lies under the hood ( if i did the CF engine cover w/orange paint/cf showing through ) but i dont want my fahrenheit to turn into the Fast that got eaten by the carbon fiber monster, that could get out of hand quickly.

Looking at Neuspeeds site, i might also order the remaining air improvement mods all at once - the hi - flo turbo discharge kit, the hi-flo intercooler pipe conversion ( should i wait to put that on until i get the car chipped though?? i dont want it to rob performance in the meantime. ) and also the power pulley kit ( another claimed 5 - 7 HP.

I dont really want to void out the part of the warrenty that these mods might incline the dealership to do so, but i just dont see any way around it, its ironic that these aftermarket mods will make the car breathe better, run a little cooler and stress the engine less, yet still void a warrenty. Does anyone have all those mods on their Fahrenheit or other MKV? What have you noticed in the difference if so? worth it?

#20 ·
TOE_FAST said:
I live in Vegas, hardly any rain and if it does rain i have a 2nd car so i could basically keep the full kit on fulltime and have little concerns of hydro lock from standing water. If its just raining and the roads are wet, is that enough to cause hydro lock or do you have to physically submerge the lower front of the car and filter to get hydro lock?

I dont like the CF neuspeed cover, i wanted to trim my stock cover like lumms and a few others did ( but trim mine with the fahrenheit orange paint - still dont know how much paint i would need and the cost so that option might be out as i have heard 600 bucks a quart for that lambo paint ) Although it could look pretty sick if i painted the CF cover in lambo orange and let some of the CF show through, if done well that might look pretty cool.

Would the full kit fit if i just trimmed the existing cover?

Sorry to get off topic, Thanks for the advice though.
I ordered a paint chip kit for my Orange Fahrenheit at Desert VW - cost me $15 (included clear coat pen as well) - One of those damn trucks on I-15 threw a rock on my hood :mad: - btw the primer is yellowish on the hood, the pen worked pretty good

banditscout: GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE - like TOE_FAST posted earlier if you add up all the options the Fahrenheit has, it's only $600 more than the same GTI in a 'everybody's' color

#23 ·
Vegas

Thats cool that you live here and we both got our fahrenheits from Desert VW ( mine is about 2 weeks old and just over 1k miles already. )

Ill have to get the paint chip kit myself, 15 bucks cant be beat. as far as the price, i didnt haggle at all, i just walked in said i want that, do the paperwork, get it done, let me take it home...they had paint on the windshield that said reduced to 27,900 but i know full well the msrp for the car is 27,665 and the invoice is 25,775. I didnt care, i loved the 1113 number (1+1+1=3) and it was their last one on the lot and knew i was gonna be hard pressed to jew them down so i focused instead on building a repoirte with my salesman and technicians, hopefully that pays off dividends down the road as i mod it.

Did you have Igor (ihor) as your salesman Vegas? When did you buy yours?

We definitely have to get together and do a photo shoot with the cars together, even some video of us driving and then editing in some music would be pretty cool. haha .. if for no other reason to just post on here.

Good times :)

#26 ·
My Salesguy was Albert Weisser (German) - Him and I are buddies - he hangs out with the Europeans at the Hofbrauhaus (I am Belgian myself)

I bought mine on July 6 and actually test drove yours, but my wife didn't like anything with the number 13 in it - so I ended up with 1182

3000 miles on it so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.