My Fast GTi banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yo Pootey that looks great...did you also get the actually engine CF cover, I was thinking of getting the neuspeed cover for mine, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it? what do you think...Another thing, how does your dealership feel about your intake ( and I imagine you have an exhaust to go with it)...is your warranty voided
All in all though, I like it, good job!!
I wish I had that :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont worry i didn't spend that much money on it. i didn't get it for retail. I'm not going to get the cf engine cover, I love cf but i just dont like the engine covers for the mkv. I think it looks better without it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, the carbon fiber engine cover doesn't look that nice. If I were to get an intake like that, I'd do this (which I saw another guy do on a different forum):

He modified the stock one, making room for the new intake , then he painted the cover black, with 2 red vertical stripes, like the grille looks. It looked NICE 8)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i saw a plain one today... like totally flat with just the oil cap cut out. i was thinking of getting it and spray painting it with some VW stuff but am not sure if spray paint will withstand the engine heat... last thing i want it paint all over the engine.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Scout out the spray paint you want, it should tell you on the back how hot you can get it before melting, or something like that, then check the manual for the engine temp maybe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts