Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah I thought you guys would enjoy them - we've been getting a lot of rain and the power went out right as I was uploading them.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Magic_Man,

I too have a black magic GTI. I love the first set of pics you have. Our car looks so good when clean but the black in those first pics really looks so rich to me. Cant wait for my springs to arrive so I can drop my 07 FAST an inch or two. Nice shots. O0

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments - I spent about four hours waxing it up so she was shining that day! I am planning on getting it lowered as well. It looks like a 4 x 4 from some angles and it drives me nuts. I'm just gonna wait till spring because there's not much point in lowering a car for the winter time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
totally agreed. Its kinda cold here too and I dont wanna be messing with the suspension until it warms up. Ride height is too high. Four fingers in the front wheel well is too much for me. What brand of wax do you use? I use Turtle Wax "Ice" but also when the dealer sold me the car they pitched a teflon coating for the car, under car protectant and leather protectant too. But for me it still gets dirty the same and wash it just as much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
STLTH, I use a Meguiars clay bar followed by the Mothers 3 step wax. All by hand so my elbow is usually cracking like crazy by the end but it's worth it. I find Mothers is really good. They also tried to pitch that extra protection thing to me but I think it was like $600 and I don't think it's worth it. Regular cleaning is fine and you can save some money and spend it on something like a mod :). Plus I hate the dealership and would rather flush money down the toilet than give it to them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Impressive!! WaZzAp & Magic_Man your vehicles look great! O0 Magic_man, especially the 3rd shot down from the top of the thread. GTI's have an awesome stance. I don't know what the next gen will look like, but I'm convinced my next one will be a Black Magic coupe. I currently have a CW 4-door. I guess it's a yin and yang thing to try and keep some balance!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Agreed. BlackMagic Man's 3rd from top and 3rd &4th in his next set are about my favorite pictures of our GTI. Liked the pearl look on the headlight lens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gotta say that you have a real nice black GTI. Black looks better than any other color when its clean and all shined up but we can never keep up with it on my wife's black 2 door BMW coupe so I ordered my GTI in UG. Coming in next week..... can't wait.... thumpthumpthump

1 - 17 of 17 Posts