Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Agghhh.

Ok, so I bought a used 2007 VW GTI around mid June (about 8,00 miles on the car). After the FIRST day of driving the car, the check engine light came on. The next day the light went off, but i still took it to the dealer. They said they did a number of checks with the computer and found nothing wrong with the car.

I'm at around 14,000 miles now (with the 10k service under my belt), and the car squeaks annoyingly from the drivers side front around where the intake is (possibly a belt?). I also have a popping sound coming from the exhaust. Worst of all the car stalls out whenever i shift in to neutral rolling around 25 mph. The car idles very inconsistently and seems to have lost power to when i first bought it.

I took it to the dealer 2 Weeks ago, and have had no straight answer, or solution to the problem. In all fairness VW did pay for a rental - its not a GTI though. Is 2 weeks long enough to diagnose a problem or am I just being impatient.

[help]

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would say that 2 weeks is a little long for a diagnosis, i would say only a couple of days for a diagnosis. But then again I get impatient when i'm waiting for my GTI for more than like 6 hours. And mine has been in enough to know how long it should take to get a diagnosis. As for the power loss problem mine had that and it was a fuel pressure sensor that was bad. But this is just my .02 hope it can help.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Sounds like you may be walking down the wire of "I think I purchased a Lemon" Do some research about the rights you have as the consumer, in the event they sold you a car that they knew had problems. Sucks that your experience with this car has been a sour one. Keep us posted

·
Banned
890 Posts
Document Document Document !!!
If you didn't keep the paperwork from other repairs, ask for a copy when you go in. Most states declare a car a 'lemon' after three unsuccessful attempts to fix same or similar problem. If vehicle has been in the shop for X days (e-mail your state attorney's general office for info.) it qualifies as a lemon. My Kia Sportage -quit laughing!- was a lemon. Autoweek published my letter of it's history. At the hearing, no lawyer needed, they asked for all the paperwork, which I had. Kia had to buy it back for about the same as I paid for 14 months and 12K miles before. Still wasn't worth it.
Don't get caught with your pants down!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it back.

I've had it back around a week now - took their sweet time but its fixed. Drives just like new again but for how long?

VW Customer care may be the worst i have ever dealt with. The dealership also no help - delays, unreturned voice mails, pushing the blame etc... It was really funny how I started to inquire about the lemon law at the dealership - two days later its fixed.

I love my car (I'll keep it for a long time), but when its all said and done: A VW will not be my next car purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In a nutshell,

2 of the cams had bad wear to them (replaced) . Fuel line had to be taken apart twice and replaced. O2 sensor was bad and replaced. These were the main problems - i have two full sheets from service explaining entire work, much of which seemed like trial and error.

I'm not too sure if this is over 3 weeks of work, but i will give them the benefit of the doubt (or not). As for customer service - they still suck. O0

·
Banned
890 Posts
Ever start to think that 'customer service' is a mis-nomer? ! When I went through the 'lemon law' procedure for a vehicle of mine, guess who had the worst customer service. Acura !! The rules for the state board governing the process specically stated no lawyers. Acura sent six. None of the other 14 cases had lawyers, just the one Acura. All because a guys key fob wouldn't let him start the car. To top it off his wife was pregnant and he couldn't get her to the hospital! Acura had 'fixed' it four times previously. The guy just wanted a new Acura, until the hearing fiasco!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Man, that's outrageous. Is it possible that the previous owner had caused these problems?? It seems unlikely that the car would have just shipped in that kind of shape....I wonder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.