Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
very nice my friend .. very nice

how hard is it to take the stuff off and put them back in .. i have never done it so i am just curious ... also what kind of paint to do u use

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good quality job, but I don't like it.

Might change as you add more, there just doesn't seem to be an even line to the paint. Looks too random at this point.

·
Registered
857 Posts
nitroburn said:
Good quality job, but I don't like it.
I second that, you did well, and probably got it looking close to what you want it to, but it's not for me.

I like the quality feel of mine, and I feel like doing something like that would lessen it's appeal to me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
10bv01 said:
I second that, you did well, and probably got it looking close to what you want it to, but it's not for me.

I like the quality feel of mine, and I feel like doing something like that would lessen it's appeal to me.
To me, I think it is partly psychological also. It does seem like it lowers the quality, but it is also something ricers love to do and it just reminds me of the Ronald McDonald car when I see Red or Yellow interiors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok, so good job on the paint match and for going with what you like.

Personally my first thought was - EEEEK. Once my initial shock was over, I got to looking and it seems like the carpets/seats need to be more black.

Rock on with the individuality O0

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks to all for the honest opinions i knew when i did it not all would like it but i like to make it my own. The type of paint is called color coat i get it at a auto paint supply store. ya i do agree the carpets and seats need to be black that is in the plans for later.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Question: Are you leaving the surface textured, like the fake leather look from the factory? Or are you sanding and smoothing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts