Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
sexy car....u need to get the rear bumper painted. would complete the look.

but nonetheless i like it, clean and sexy

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like those rims on that car, especially how the red calipers reflect on the outer lip of the rim, nice effect.

I wanna get a double din dvd/nav (aftermarket) for my fahrenheit, do you have that hacked to play movies while driving?

Im not sure how i feel about Lambo doors, i think it crosses the line into ricerdom just a little bit, but it does look clean and well done on your car. Maybe post a few pics from behind with the doors open or from the rear 3/4 view so we can get a better feel of how much room you have to get in the car, also from the front with them up??

All in all a really nice ride, congrats.

·
Registered
26 Posts
those aren't lambo doors. Those are gull wing doors. Lambo come out maybe an inch then all the way up, gull wing come up and out.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Gullwing doors go straight out away from the car and up ( bottom swings straight away from the car ( Think Delorean ) Lambo doors go out a bit and rotate from back up and forward. These are lambo style but not true lambo doors and not gullwing either.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice ride, dude. I really like the wheel selection, and I too own a 4dr. Black Magic GTI...so I can appreciate what you've done with the car! Personally, I plan on keeping the stock wheels (phone dial style is cool!).

Can you comment on the Memphis speakers? Are they bass heavy boomers or do they have a sweeter mid-range and high for treble? I'm looking to the audio system as one of my first upgrades, along with some performance measures (exhaust, P-FLo, flash, etc.) Also, what are the headlight strips called and where do you purchase those? They make for a "mean" looking Fast!!! Definitely a cool look for those in front of you from their perspective looking in their rear view mirror. Let's just say it makes a statement, like get the ( ) out of my way! My fast doesn't like Sunday drivers in the Fast Lane!
;D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not bad at all!! Who makes the door kit?? Was it the weld-on or the bolt-on type and how much did you pay?? (Feels like an interogation dosen't it?)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I think the Lambo doors can go either way: Ricey or Classy. I think it would look much better on a 2 door. I wouldn't mind lambo doors. I think it would be a head turner. but that would have to be one of the absolute last things I would do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts