Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Nice... looks like even dubs would fit comfortably. Nice tint too.. the UG looks great tinted.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Beautiful. Drop it an inch or so and it'll be perfect!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Really nice ride man... You choose some nice wheell colors to go with your car...
I agree with a drop... it will totally change the look... and make handling even better ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input! i thought about a drop, but the smallest i can find is 1.5 inches and i think that the wheels would damage the fenders (they're et40 and stick out about 1/16 inch). i'm gonna wait it out and see if someone comes out with a 1" drop.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Even with 19's, I think you would be fine with even a 2" drop unless you have extra people in your car, but the fenders are slightly flared, so 1 1/2 should be more than safe...

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
My biggest concern with dropping the car is the actual ground clearance, not the wheels. I've scraped it once (slightly) already and came really close to bottoming out again in a suburban neighborhood with those curbs you can drive on. Another thing that would damage my car if I dropped it any would be those concrete things at the front of parking stalls (or curbs). I often pull right up to them so that the front of my car hangs over the curb/concrete thing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
About the drop, it doesnt matter if you drop it 1" or 2", if you dont pay attention you will have issues... you just really have to be careful and realize your cars limitations....

I once had a car dropped so low that I was doing about 60 and there was a drop in the road, right at the bottom of the drop my car bottomed out, unfortunetly there was also a manhole cover sticking up about 2 inches and I crashed into it...I had to get a new radiator, sub frame, cross frame, left control arm, and I bent the main frame...so shit does happen...

·
Registered
300 Posts
inuyashomaru said:
thanks for the input! i thought about a drop, but the smallest i can find is 1.5 inches and i think that the wheels would damage the fenders (they're et40 and stick out about 1/16 inch). i'm gonna wait it out and see if someone comes out with a 1" drop.
I'm with you. I would love to take mine down a little bit, just for that aggressive edge. But I live in the city, and any lower than about an inch would just make my life hell.

avega said:
About the drop, it doesnt matter if you drop it 1" or 2", if you dont pay attention you will have issues...
Absolutely, but you gotta consider your regular driving conditions (as you noted with the manhole cover - man that was [email protected]! luck, sorry). I think they'd rather polish tree trunks than fix the roads around here. If I stuck to the track, I'd take 3" off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts