Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
i need a second guitar...first off an upgrade and 2nd something to leave in drop c for teh heavy stufff

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
i need a second guitar...first off an upgrade and 2nd something to leave in drop c for teh heavy stufff
haha i play in too may different tunings :'( and my guitar has locks so thats only for standard and drop D
i put it in Drop C once and it took an hour and a half hahaha i neeed a tremol-no. those things are dope :p
I use my ovation for every other tuning

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Not sure if you fellas like electronic music, but that's all I really make. (I do play the piano/keyboard and sax tho) Here's a little ditty I made back in 05. I used some samples from Babylon5 to get a 'message' across, if you will.

https://soundcloud.com/simul%2Funiverse-2005
I haven't done much with music since I got my dub, lol, but I'm starting to get back into it. Just thought I'd share. :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Not sure if you fellas like electronic music, but that's all I really make. (I do play the piano/keyboard and sax tho) Here's a little ditty I made back in 05. I used some samples from Babylon5 to get a 'message' across, if you will.

https://soundcloud.com/simul%2Funiverse-2005
I haven't done much with music since I got my dub, lol, but I'm starting to get back into it. Just thought I'd share. :)
That was pretty cool! I like!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ty sir!! I'm working on a Drum-n-Bass mix right now (none of my music, but all BADASS tracks). It's intended purpose is to be used as your "danger music" sound track when driving like you stole it. With focus on the drops... It induces a heavy foot for sure! LOL

I'll share it when I'm done. Shouldn't be too much longer. :)

In the mean time, here's a newer remix I did using some of the "Universe" samples:

https://soundcloud.com/simul%2Funiverse-2009

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Nice mang! Believe it or not, I enjoyed your original stuff the most (end of 1st vid). To get the vids to show, I think you gotta use the "Go Advanced" button before you post and use the little icon for posting videos. There's a special bbcode for it.

Oh, I got all those vocal samples from Babylon 5, an oldddddddd SciFi channel series. Kinda sucked. The storyline was great but the CGI sucked a$$.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar... Never gave it any time, so I did the next best thing. SiMuLated it:

LOL, just kidding, well, not really, but I made that a while back, trying to learn the solo to Stairway. I tried learning it on the keyboard first, but that was too hard, so I loaded up FL studio and a few hours later came up with that.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hahaha nice!
Is that the explanation behind the user name??
and once you get goin on guitar it's hard to stop!! Just gotta want to play and have the time :p
That's the word my name came from. But it wasn't because of music at first... I was 15 (1992) and the guy I got my first PC from was teaching me about BBSs (bulletin board systems--the pre-internet "online"). You have to 'register' just like a forum and when he asked me what handle I wanted, I first asked 'wtf is a handle?' when he told me it was my online name, I quickly said "simulator!". From Flight Simulator, Microsoft's.

That's ALL I wanted a PC for back then... to play MS Flight Sim! LOL. I was obsessed with flying at the time so everything I did had to do with it.

Anyway, he said "that's too long, blah blah blah", so I said "FINE make it simul". And that became my alias for everything. So many of the kids I knew back then would change their aliases every week and you never knew who the eff they were, so I vowed to myself I would NEVER change mine. And I didn't to this day! lol I eventually added the caps when that started becoming the fad in 93 or 94.

Since I started writing music when I got my PC, I decided that because everyone in the scene at the time knew the SiMuL name, I would keep it with the caps as a trademark like thing, so ppl would recognize it if I ever made it big.

I've given up on making it big, but I'll always keep the name! :)

221 - 240 of 280 Posts