My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever use or seen someone use those Mr. Clean things you attach to your hose and wash/rinse the car with?? they say it dries itself with no streaks or water spots. sounds awesome but is it true??

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have one and use it.... It's all about how clean you get the car before you do the final rinse... water spots usually are caused by minerals in the water. The filter in the Mr. Clean helps take a lot of that out, but if you don't get the car really really clean before you rinse it you will see the left over dirt, and if your water is really mineral laden the filter might not be able to trap all of them.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
hervic82 said:
anyone ever use or seen someone use those Mr. Clean things you attach to your hose and wash/rinse the car with?? they say it dries itself with no streaks or water spots. sounds awesome but is it true??
I have one, the dries by itself is complete BS. Now I still use it for the filtered water to rinse my car, but I don't like the fact their soap does not allow the water to bead up.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I have one and it works to a certain extent. The fact that you can mix the water and soap together is cool and time saving. The filter works pretty well. It doesn't hurt to check on it, cause it takes a while for it to dry. I go out and dry whatever water accumulates.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got one too and was disappointed. It's convenient, but that's about it. It doesn't put out enough pressure to blast away dirt and road grime. I avoid the water spots by hitting my car with Quick Mist auto detailer after drying. It only takes a couple more minutes and the difference is noticeable.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Another good one is Turtle Wax ICE quick detailer...works like a charm for waterspots, but doesn't really put a sheen on the finish.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i use it for the water filter but the "drying" chemical is utter BS it kinda works but when it hits your rotors at all you get a lot of surface rust too... not horrible but not great at the same time.. plus mine kinda leaks a lot for $30 what the hell... i useit for the filter mostly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts