Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody [other than me] interested in this thread?

City: 21-24mpg
Highway: 29-31mpg
I'm stock; other than a spectre p5 intake and some old lowering springs.

What are you guys [especially those of you who are chipped] getting in the city and/or on the freeway? It would help a lot if you provide the city/state in which you drive your GTI.

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
Well if i keep my foot off the peddell in tbe city i will get about 27.7 mpg and if i am cruzin at 78 mph i will vet about 35.5 mpg.

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
Might help to show what engines you guys have as well.

Vehicle: GTI 20AE
Engine: 1.8t
Engine Mods: CAI, 2.5" TBE, DV, 4bar FPR, REVO Stg 2 Tune
Average Mileage: 22-25 (aggressive driving, both city and highway)
Miles per tank (until gas light): 270-320 depending on how I drive and whether it's summer or not
I have a mkv gti 2.0t fsi.

Full apr stage 3 turbo kit. Ljst is imy signature for extra add parts.

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
that is some crazy numbers you are putting up. im not to familar with the mods but i would think they would hurt gas milage. I have a 2011 gti bone stock and im averaging 20mpg. I do have a led foot.
If yu just stay out of boost you can get good gas millage. I have che ked this out a lot. With all the driving i did in germany from where i lived to berlin it was about a 4.5 hour drive if you just set the cruze at 132 kph in 6 th gear. Cruzing is really great in these cars. Does not matter the company that tuned your car. If you are not in boost 24/7 you are good.

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

· Registered
3 Posts
yeah i guess i have a lot to learn. I have only had my 2011 for a few months. I babied it on the way home from duty this morning and I got 28mpg I would say 25 min drive 20 miles half city half highway. I guess thats not too bad.

· Premium Member
3,120 Posts
2.0T FSI, 2008 GTI with STG. 2 APR. 42DD 3" TBE, intake, catch can. Rest is in the sig.

Last fill: 25 mpg

About 27 mpg since I bought it knew.

Been tuned for the past two months and have compared mileage in between stock programming and 91 octane: 26 mpg/stock; 28 mpg/91 octane.

Spirited driving mainly and not much highway. O0 Hope this helps somewhat.

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when you guys got your tune, did you notice better mpg in both city/highway, or just highway?

(simul seems to be the only other mkiv lol)

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
when you guys got your tune, did you notice better mpg in both city/highway, or just highway?

(simul seems to be the only other mkiv lol)
Yes i did on both when i learned how to drive with out blasting around town. Lol

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

· Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Yes i did on both when i learned how to drive with out blasting around town. Lol

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES
Agree. O0 I still blast around town quite a bit but not as much as I did when I first got my exhaust and tune on. Whenever you get new parts then you always have to try them out. O0

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
Agree. O0 I still blast around town quite a bit but not as much as I did when I first got my exhaust and tune on. Whenever you get new parts then you always have to try them out. O0
I still do and will tonight when.me and my friend in his zo6 twin turbo vette go to a meet. Lol am goin to embaresse him lol

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

· Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I still do and will tonight when.me and my friend in his zo6 twin turbo vette go to a meet. Lol am goin to embaresse him lol

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES
Haha. Do it! O0 If you have a passenger then get a vid of this. I want to see.

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts

· Premium Member
3,120 Posts

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
Dang it. :'( Oh well. There is always next time. Did you win?
Dude she said no to the sprint running. So there was no sprint

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

· Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Oh gotcha. I didnt know what part she said no to. That sucks but maybe it was for the better.

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
I would think the TT Z06 would stomp a Stg3 GTI... o_O What numbers are you putting down? The C6 Z06s stock would be 500+ ya? LOL, I can only imagine what two freakin turbos would add... 800+ I would guess! Maybe that's the older Z06?
I am 402 at the wheela and he is like 550 at the wheelson 7 lbs of boost. He is still workong on it stock i.ternals.

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.