Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm in dyer need to find a better way to connect my zune (mp3 player). i've tried this stupid radio transmitter thing and it BLOWS :mad:. i have the stock 6 disk CD player in the 2007 GTI. any other ideas??

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I posted in your other thread, but do you not have a 3.5mm headphone jack in your center console..?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Oh, bummer. Then you dont have many options with a factory deck.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome! thanks a lot guys, i'll check out all those options.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had this on my Audi... It is an FM transmitter but has an internal amplifier. Drove all over and never had an issue with reception, always worked and pretty fairly easy to get installed.

There is an on / off switch that powers the amplifier so weak signals dont interfere, doesnt fade like a normal FM transmitter

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614
^this... won't fade (or lose signal) because it's a relay (electromagnetic switch) and actually tunes out any other frequencies once it sees the set frequency... best option without replacing the whole radio. you'll need antenna adapters, one forward and one reverse to make it work though. not expensive, just necessary.

·
Registered
244 Posts
actually you have another option. I have an 06 mkv gti which did not come with an aux port either. What i did was tap into the sat tuner under the passenger seat. you just need to find the left, right, and ground and then connect an aux port to these. You can sodder for a permanent connection or just use electrical tape if you plan to remove the aux port later. To hear your music from the aux port you just need to select the SAT button on the radio. The only downside is that if you are paying for sat, both sounds will come through at the same time. I solved this problem by putting a switch in the line of my sat antenna cable. Using the switch you can essentially disconnect the SAT radio antenna and it become quiet. Then play music with the aux port. Anyways I have pics and can help if anyone wants to do this. It all came together really nicely i think. I mounted the SAT antenna disconnect switch next to the ESP button and ran the aux cable up and behind the radio for a nice clean look.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you have, or ever will have, an upgraded stereo, you're not going to want to use an fm transmitter--fm has a pinched band that it transmits in (50-15000) so you're losing some of the top and bottom octaves, especially noticeable with what you'd play on a sub (15-50 is just gone, and that's a lot of bass).

It's not a big deal with a stock system, because it's not reproducing those frequencies anyway, but even a nominally better system will show the flaws.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, i plugged it into the audio port in the glove box but where do i find the option on my actual stereo? i don't see any buttons or any type of option for an MP3 player- maybe i'm blind! haa

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just go into satellite, I think. With the mp3 player on, it should read "aux in." either satellite or cd changer. Should say in ur manual.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
ok, i plugged it into the audio port in the glove box but where do i find the option on my actual stereo? i don't see any buttons or any type of option for an MP3 player- maybe i'm blind! haa
Push the cd button one more time and it brings up aux input channel

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Wish I had Aux in my Mk4. Damn Zune only works in my 07' Nitro.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Wish I had Aux in my Mk4. Damn Zune only works in my 07' Nitro.
Is there a aux port on the back of mkiv HU's? If so just pop it out and run a cord to wherever you want it.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Is there a aux port on the back of mkiv HU's? If so just pop it out and run a cord to wherever you want it.
I don't have the stock HU. Got some Pioneer BS that came with the sale. I had a chance to get the Stock HU but the @sshole moved out of state with it. JJErk!
The next HU I get will have the Aux port as my Zune is the shiz. Fvck Apple and their fly of the mill BS. iPods, iPhones, and iPads are GHEY! Useless hypnotizing technology that is ruining todays youth. LEARN HOW TO MAKE A FIRE WITH THAT JUNK!

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I LEARN HOW TO MAKE A FIRE WITH THAT JUNK!
I can make a fire with that junk. Haven't you heard of that new app? It does everything which includes, but is not limited to, making fires, firing ballistics, starting a world war since some people think they shouldn't have facebook, and it can even bring people more toilet paper. Hahaha.

Or some people think this is the case. O0

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I don't have the stock HU. Got some Pioneer BS that came with the sale. I had a chance to get the Stock HU but the @sshole moved out of state with it. JJErk!
The next HU I get will have the Aux port as my Zune is the shiz. Fvck Apple and their fly of the mill BS. iPods, iPhones, and iPads are GHEY! Useless hypnotizing technology that is ruining todays youth. LEARN HOW TO MAKE A FIRE WITH THAT JUNK!
Ill bet you a hundred bucks it has a aux port back there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts