Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, wheather you are allowed to ship your GTI out of the country during financial term. I have about 1.5 years left until i have paid the car off. I will keep my US address, but want to bring the car with me to Europe for at least 2 - 3 years. I want to keep paying the car off, while abroad.

Any comments or guidance would be appreciated.

- Min Gti Vagn

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
MinGTIvagn said:
Does anyone know, wheather you are allowed to ship your GTI out of the country during financial term. I have about 1.5 years left until i have paid the car off. I will keep my US address, but want to bring the car with me to Europe for at least 2 - 3 years. I want to keep paying the car off, while abroad.

Any comments or guidance would be appreciated.

- Min Gti Vagn
Contact your finance company first.

·
Registered
220 Posts
of course you can move the car oveseas. military i take it? hopefully you would have chose to bank with one of our finer military banks who would be more than used to people paying with an APO or FPO address...

its your car after all,,,,half of it anyways

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am not speaking from first hand knowledge, but i thought you had to have the original title in hand when you ship a car overseas. If this is the case, the bank holds the original title until the car is paid off. I think the copy we are given when we buy the car is a duplicate indicating the lien. So, i guess the best person to ask would be someone at your banking institution. Anyway, good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I had a dream a couple nights ago of driving my GTI on the German Autobahn. I got it up to 230km/h. It's weird that that was the top speed in my dream because that is right around the top speed of a non-modified GTI (140mph).

·
5,926 Posts
MinGTIvagn

hey if you are military you can ship a car over here no problems just make sure that you tell the bank so they know that the car is comming over here and if you are military and you do not use usaa you need to if your insurance agency covers you overseas than you will probly pay more. usaa is really cheap but gooooooooooooooooooooooooddd

thalo just to let you know i will drink a heffaweisen for you tonight and a pillburger tomorrow at the fest i am going to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts