Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Mounting front license plate

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lumns 
#1 ·
Sooo finally going to the dmv three times and wasting 7hrs in total, i finally got my car registered.

The only down thing is that now i have the correct tags on my car. I need to mount the front license plate, because virginia is gay and by law ur meant to have one slapped on the front of ur [insert beautifully designed is its a GTI] car, where more than likely the designers had no intention of seeing a sheet of metal screw into their master piece.

Getting to the point....how have ya'll attacted ur license plate.

I met a guy who suggest using this plastic Velcro and attaching it when u get a ticket. He says when u get a ticket its jus a work order, once u put the plate on ur in the clear. I'm not so sure bout that...im still assuming u gotta fork over sum $$$$$

im not really inclined to drill two holes into the bumper, incase i am fortunate enough to move somewhere they are kinder to the their cars.

there is the zip tie method, but that would require covering up the intercooler, not a fan of either....

neway, jus wanna hear ya'lls suggestions or solutions. Pics would be appreciated

See less See more
#3 ·
i have the bracket to attach the plate too. but the bracket still needs to be screwed/drilled to the front bumper

#5 ·
yea i dont have any holes right now...and i would prefer not to make any :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.